Really Old Music

How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Love You When You Know I’ve Been A Liar All My Life?

Bing Crosby

4 Likes

I Didn’t Slip, I Wasn’t Pushed, I Fell (1950) - Bing Crosby

1 Like

1950 Ivory Joe Hunter - I Almost Lost My Mind (#1 R&B hit)

Music1 songs

I Almost Lost My Mind

Ivory Joe Hunter

California Cool Club Blues. The Ultimate Chill Out

New York, New York ~ Frank Sinatra

3 Likes

Clyde McPhatter – A Lover’s Question

I Need You So
Words and music by Ivory Joe Hunter.
Hill and Range Songs, Inc.
Best-selling record by Ivory Joe Hunter ( M-G- M).

Ivory Joe Hunter - I Need You So

I Taut I Taw A Puddy-Tat (I Thought I Saw A Pussy Cat)

1950 HITS ARCHIVE: If I Knew You Were Comin’ I’d’ve Baked A Cake - Eileen Barton

This novelty record took off for #1 so rapidly that the small National label wasn’t able to keep up with the demand; so they worked out an agreement with Mercury Records, who took over part of the manufacturing and distribution responsibilities. Thus, if you spend much time scrounging for old 78s, you’re likely to find this same recording on two different labels.

1 Like

Edith Piaf - La vie en rose (Officiel) [Live Version]

Edith Piaf - La vie en rose (Official) [Live Version] During the show “La joie de vivre”, Edith Piaf performed “La vie en rose”, on March 4, 1954.

2 Likes

one more…Most of these I have never heard before but I came across a file…downloaded it and lo and behold there are thousands of old songs on there…hence the Thread…

Luck Be A Lady 1950 introduced by Robert Alda with words and music by Frank Loesser

2 Likes

Rock Around the Clock ~ Bill Haley

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Polly Bergen was born 14 July 1930 in Knoxville, Tennessee and died 20 September 2014 in Southbury, Connecticut.

Daughter of guitarist/singer Bill Bergen, who appeared with his daughter in several episodes of her 18-episode comedy/variety show The Polly Bergen Show (1957-58). The daughter-father ended each episode with a rendition of “The Party’s Over”. They also released albums together.

She was a radio performer by the age of 14 and went the summer stock-nightclub route before heading for Hollywood in 1949. Bergen received an Emmy award for her portrayal of singer Helen Morgan in a 1957 episode of the TV series Playhouse 90 on CBS.

Her most notable film role came in the original Cape Fear (1962) opposite Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum. Bergen rose to stardom via her stage performance, her one-woman cabaret act, and her many TV appearances. At her peak, she was singing on TV variety shows weekly and later became a frequent guest on TV game shows, including as a regular panelist on the CBS game show To Tell the Truth during its original run.

Through it all, Bergen has listed herself as a business executive first, an actress second. Over 40 years, she maintained such successful business ventures as Polly Bergen Cosmetics, Polly B

Miles Davis - The Complete Birth Of The Cool (Full Album)
Released: 1957
Recorded: 1948-1950

1 Like

I used to play this when I had a clarinet in my teenage…

1 Like
2 Likes