R.I.P. Willow

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely words and kind wishes - I do apprecite them. Willow was a rescue puss - she came from an abusive background and it took a while to gain her trust. She was such a lovely natured cat.

@realspeed - not sure exactly how old she was but the Vet thought she was 3 or 4 when I adopted her - so probably about 14yrs.

Bless her.At least she found a loving home in the end.Whatabout your other cat though?She’ll miss her too.

1 Like

He has been looking - and crying - for her most of the day. Seems a bit calmer now.

5 Likes

So sorry to read this Tabs x
Sending big (((hugs))) to you
Willow was such a beautiful cat and you were both so lucky and blessed that her path lead her to your door

1 Like

Thank you, Rhian.

Oh Tabs I am so sorry to read this…I know how awful it is to lose a beloved friend such as Willow.

Biggest hugs Tabs…I hope you are coping ok xx

1 Like

@summer - thank you.

Willow’s ashes came home yesterday, and are scattered behind the garage on the graves of previous cats - with a Ceanothus, a Philadelphus, and Mother Nature for company.

5 Likes

That’s very touching.
It makes me feel that we should have done something similar for our first two cats who died and, to my shame, we just asked the vet to dispose of their bodies.
On the other hand, I suppose they wouldn’t have known anything about it.
As I think I’ve said before, funerals are for the living rather than the dead.

1 Like

I am so sorry…what an awful thing to go through. Losing a pet is a family loss. How is Nemo?

Still wandering the house like a little tabby ghost - but he has stopped ‘calling’ for her. Even though I have washed all the cat beds he will not sleep in any of them yet.

3 Likes

Cats are indeed more intelligent than we realise.

1 Like

Do you think he knows? I’m sure he must…poor wee soul.

Yes, Pixie, he was with us on the sofa when she died in my arms - and I made sure he had a good look.

3 Likes

Y’know, I’m so glad you said that Tabby. He gets closure at least - it won’t stop the grief, but at least he isn’t left wondering where his best friend went off to suddenly…

1 Like

:heart:so very sad for you

I have always buried my pets in the garden where I have been living .

1 Like

I might do that for our two cats, though hopefully it will not be for a long time as they are quite young.
Of course, I’d have to go down on my knees to persuade Marge to give up a small area of her garden, though she could also replant a plant on top of their grave(s).

Does that include horses Muddy?

Sadly no .

1 Like