Quotes from a famous actress - and to the point

I have recently bought a book from a charity shop, containing alleged quotes from famous actresses. One that brought a smile to my eyes was attributed to Marilyn Monroe.
She was asked by an interviewer if her breasts were real. Her reply was ‘You are not going to find out personally but I have 50 men who can vouch for me,’…

3 Likes

David, I love reading quotes from famous people. They are usually very apt, or very cutting.

Do you have any more quotes to add? I know most of Sir Winston Churchill’s, Mae West’s, Oscar Wilde’s.

I love the witticisms from Joan Rivers and ZaZa Gabor. Are there any in your book?

1 Like

More please! :grin:

1 Like

I am on holiday at the moment. Will do so when I return !!

1 Like

Will do so when I return from holiday !!

May I add one?

Remember George Burns? He is quoted as saying . . .

“Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” :wink:

1 Like

And Judy Garland once said:

" “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”

How lovely and mushy is that ey! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Mark Twain has some good quotes.eg:

If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.

We have the best government that money can buy.

1 Like

Liz Taylor.

As a girl, my mother told me I’m nice looking and that I have pretty eyes, but it’s not your eyes…it’s the expression behind your eyes that will make you truly beautiful.

“I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows I’m me.”

Dalai Lama, I like a lot of his quotes.

I think he said this one if I remember rightly, it’s so true.

“Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.”

2 Likes

More’s the pity.

I’ve had so much plastic surgery, when I die they will donate my body to Tupperware.

A quote from Joan Rivers

1 Like

Dolly Parton “It takes a lot of time and money to look this cheap, honey ,”