Quilted toilet paper - the latest rip of toilet scam!

They sell it because it makes the roll look big so higher profits imo.

That happens at work quite often. I think the main reason is smaller cisterns to save water.

:lol::lol::lol: I buy what ever is cheapest too.

Yes, that’s what I’d heard too, Julie.

Ditto those wet and baby wipes .
They don’t biodegrade and block up the drains .

We’ve been told lots of times not to flush those.

:lol::lol::lol:

I hadn’t heard of this ‘development’.

Well, it’ll have to be back to buying newspapers again then.

Newspaper would clog up a toilet far worse.:lol:

It never used to in the old days.

The outside toilet at the bottom of the yard could handle absolutely anything! :shock:

Of course, that was before the wonderful EU ordered us to use toilets that don’t flush properly, to save water.
I just flush two or three times instead! :lol:

So do I when out, but my home loos are the older sort.:lol:

You’re lucky! I didn’t know you could still get the old ones that flushed properly.

We’ve had ours a long time.

Perhaps after we leave the EU we may relax the rules our manufacturers (and customers) have to respect. The ‘vacuum cleaner law’ is the same. Use less energy for longer!

Yes it does Mups but the worst are those wet wipe thingies.

Yep. Spot on. Even the dual button ones are a waste of time.

:023: In desperation, I just press BOTH. Doesn’t make any difference!

If Marge wasn’t around, I’d have a bucketful of water by the throne and do the job properly.

Many thanks to Meg for the tip on Waitrose essential. They do 16 rolls for £6 and it has the most sheets at 240 each roll. I’m planning to stock up in case they change their minds after the John Lewis fall in profits!

Back in the 80s there used to be jokes about recycled toilet paper, but now it’s on our shelves!

I’m convinced that newspapers are the best.

They have multiple uses.

You can read them - the best ones, of course, are the Express and the Telegraph.

Then you can use them either for toilet paper and/or making firelighters - the best ones here are the Grauniad and the Mail.

Each has its own most appropriate uses.