Queens envirmental hypocracy

3 days ago the queen urged world leaders at the COP26 meeting to achieve true statesmanship" and create a “safer, stabler future” for the planet.

Today she flew from Windsor Castle to Sandringham for a weekend break. :icon_surprised: :icon_surprised:

The distance between Sandringham & Windsor is under 130 miles & takes around 3 hours. The queen has luxury chauffeur driven cars., so the level of comfort & ease of travel is not an issue. In fact the levels of comfort is probably far superior in a car to a helicopter.

1 Like

Just the one flight though. If she has travelled by car, it would involve more than one car. A tooled up Royal Protection car leading with at least one to follow up at the rear together with four motorcycle outriders. All in all, I think the ‘environment’ got off lightly with just the one flight :+1:

2 Likes

Ack I take as much notice of her, as I do the government…its easy to spout your nonsense in a position of great wealth and comfort. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I agree … and a chopper is not a jet … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There doesn’t seem much point in having a Queen if you expect her to behave like everyone else. :102:

1 Like

…exactly! Sorry, that was cheeky to cut your quote in order to make a point, but I do think we really ought to consider the reason for having a royal family and their hangers on. I mean H&M have already made their point clear by leaving.

Thread derailment…oops! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Apologies Gee3

The fact the queen feels that it s fine to make a statement about how others should behave & about how proud she is of the Duke of Edinburgh’s history of supporting environmental issues, yet then feels comfortable using a private helicopter to travel a few hours up the road. All within 3 days, says a lot about how out of touch with reality & how hypocritical she is.

As for needing a massive convoy to get here, that is rubbish. She & the DoE have driven around the Sandringham area in their own vehicles for years. If they can do that in an area they are known to be in, they can do it on public roads with minimal, but competent security when no one knows they are there.

They royals if anything are put more at risk by their Police security. The likes of Andrew, Edward etc would use bars, when the family were at Sandringham over Christmas & we all knew if they were in the bar. Not due to the royals, but the blatantly obvious police presence. Even out of uniform, the lack of intelligent dress code, made the police stand out in a busy local bar.

There are two kinds of security, overt & covert. Overt is for when there is no other option, but to be noticed or when you have no risk, but an ego that is best fed by being seen. And covert for when being noticed is not in the best interest of those being protected. Or that is what two friends who served in special forces & who later worked on the round, always say.

I would have thought the Queen’s travelling arrangements would be decided by others, although I daresay she has the final say, but she probably follows the advice of those whose job it is to take care of these things, normally.

Yes I often prefer my car to my helicopter and with the price of gas the private Lear is out of the question! What a lark. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t mean anything out of line by this, but it seems to me(an outsider looking in) as if her biggest problem and one she should be weighing heavily is which shady character should be heir. IMHO :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

1 Like

I reckon it should be one of the dogs…they would make it a fairer place to be! Failing that, perhaps William, her grandson should take over…he seems a bit normal?

2 Likes