Pyjama caught in oven door

Horrid accident.

2 Likes

Yes it was and how awful for her nephew to find her body. All for the sake of a bacon sandwich too ā€“ almost unbelievable but that was reckoned to be what happened.

Incidentally your original link was incomplete so would not work, there was a character missing, an ā€˜hā€™ at the start of the URL so have amended this below, hope this was OK:

1 Like

I canā€™t even imagine how you could manage to do that.
Must have been horrible for whoever found her.

Thanks Baz46. :smiley_cat:

I first read this yesterday and I couldnā€™t understand how it had happened - I mean, wouldnā€™t you just rip the PJā€™s off yourself, to stay alive?

I thought that ā€¦ unless it was a one price type thingy without much stretch in it , even so ā€¦ still doesnā€™t sound possible does it.

You are welcome, more than pleased to help out. :grinning:

No, it doesnā€™tā€¦I mean, PJā€™s are supposed to be loose and comfy. Where was the oven situated anyway that she couldnā€™t either sit/stand on the ground and relieve the pressure on her neck, or grab a knife (if she was making a sandwich) and cut the material. Its a tragedy.

The coroner said ā€¦
ā€˜It is very unusual that someone who was fit and well managed to suspend themselves accidentally from the oven door.

ā€˜What appears to have happened is that for some reason she has fallen and caught her pyjama top on the lower handle of the oven door.

Iā€™m a bit baffled ā€¦ Iā€™d need to see her oven.

It seems so unlikely that Iā€™d say it was a case for Quincy, M.E. ā€¦ :hocho:

1 Like

I think youā€™re right.
What seems odder is that this happened because she decided to make a bacon butty for her nephew before going to bed ā€¦ yet ā€¦ she was found hanging in the morning.

Did the nephew not wonder where his bacon butty was and go and investigate?

Maybe she hadnā€™t told him she was doing it? I mean, maybe she just did it as a surprise? No, its just too ridiculous.

Iā€™m going to say it - its a horrible thing to have happened, but I donā€™t think it was accidental.

It does make you wonder about foul play.

But if I were going to make it look like an accident it might have been simpler, and more believable, to have made it look like sheā€™d slipped and cracked her head.

Wall mounted oven seems likely the topoven/grill is quite high.

1 Like

Well if you want to discuss murderous techniques that you can get away with, make a thread! :laughing:

She was a barmaidā€¦used to lifting and carrying heavy stuff. The coroner said she was fit and well, I still donā€™t see how she couldnā€™t just claw off her PJā€™s. :woman_shrugging:

I would jump on the counter top to relive the pressure. Still seems very odd to me.

Hmmmā€¦ if she were down on her knees and unable to get up, so in effect was left hanging?

Iā€™d open the flamin oven door to lower it.
Youā€™re right ā€¦ itā€™s more than odd or bizarre . itā€™s erm ā€¦odder!

Ok, so lets say she has that type of oven up there. She drops a bit of bacon and bends down to get it. The oven door (or grill) would be opened up anyway. How would you get tangled up? I agree maybe a corner of your PJā€™s could get caught on the corner but a quick snap off would fix that. To get ā€œtangledā€ up, means she would need to be down and around or something. Maybe she banged her head on the corner and fainted, hence the weight of her on the snagged PJā€™s, on her neck might have been enough to keep her passed out?

That sounds as likely as anything Miss Marple ā€¦ but if so she was one very very unlucky lady.

1 Like