Professor T?

Anyone see Professor T: 6 part mini series I found enjoyable.

1 Like

Just down loaded it today and it looks interesting and also am downloading the 3 complete series of the Belgian one, which my daughter has watched and stated that was brilliant.

Yes I heard it was a remake, do you know if the Belgian series is dubbed in English?

Yes it is, I have just started watching it.

My daughter said that the first two series were brilliant but the third was not so good.

This starts tomorrow evening on ITV at 9pm. Here’s the Radio Times summary:

University of Cambridge criminology professor Jasper Tempest is obsessed with cleanliness, structure and order, and is persuaded by a former student - now a police detective - to help her investigate a serial rapist. Meanwhile, when he discovers his mother Adelaide is trying to sell his long-abandoned family home, Jasper makes a momentous decision. Crime drama, starring Ben Miller, Frances de la Tour.

I have watched the first two episodes on Britbox and enjoyed it.
However…

…the light moments and rather dark crimes did not always sit easily with each other

…the ‘fantasy’/internal moments were very reminiscent of various Dennis Potter pieces but not so well done

(by way of an aside, it would be brilliant if all the old Dennis Potter series/plays found their way onto Britbox)

…the police characters were all rather stereotypical

…the ITV house style of these sort of programmes being soundtracked with sub-Morse style music is getting a bit tired

Where can I watch the originals?

They are free on a couple of Torrents sights:twisted:

Message and I will tell you which ones

I tried the first episode and just couldn’t get into it. :cry:

Watched the 1st episode and thought it strange to say the least. I was expecting rather more of Ben Miller. Francis De La Tour was excellent as Prof T’s mother, though :023:

Maybe it will perk up in future episodes.

I watched the first episode and found it very odd. I thought l would give the second episode a chance but have now given up with it.

It’s not my scene! :slight_smile:

Watched 2 episodes-won’t bother to watch the rest.The fantasy scenes were ok.

I’m finding it a very clever blend of straight police procedural and comedy drama rather like McDonald and Dodds.

Percy, lt amazes me how the rubber gloved Professor can solve the cases in what seems like, less than a day!

That’s scriptwriting for you. Like I said, comedy drama.

I am recording and watching Baptiste (series 2) on BBC1 instead. It’s on at the same time as Professor T.
It’s far more, my type of thing!

I sat through the first episode and was really disappointed. He plays more or less his Death in Paradise character - stony faced, completely humourless and OCD. I loved Monk, who also had his problems, but at least that was witty. This is so full of cliches it’s painful - you’ve got the feisty black detective, the underling who’s rebuffed, the boss who’s got problems, a one-horse suspect storylne, a bizarre pantomime mother … I won’t be watching any more. Typical ITV.

Baptiste is brilliant. Such good acting.

Hi

Thought it was unusual, but great fun to watch.

Me too swims!
I love the sheer quirkiness of it, his autism is off the scale!
And I absolutely love Frances de la Tour as the mother!
I’ve also learnt how to deal with kidnappers and what the Broken Window theory is! :sunglasses:

The original Belgian version was/is superior in every way, this remake was, in my opinion, poorly cast, poorly acted and an insult to the original.

Channel 4 also remade the excellent Swedish drama ‘Before We Die’ and failed miserably it really was mistake.