Private Cataract Surgery

That’s great Vlad. I’ve been off the forum for a while and didn’t know about your cataract operations until just now. Sounds like you have had a good experience with the first one. Best of luck that the second eye goes just as well.

Thanks, I am still pretty stunned by the speed of everything, it’s been 10 weeks since my first consultation with SpaMedica to having my second eye done.
So I am over the moon :grinning:

1 Like

Oh I’m so glad for you Vlad !
Best wishes .
X

You could have knocked me down with a feather when I got the phone call, I was expecting a date some time in the New Year :grinning:

Eye eye! I can see! Second cataract surgery complete…I can see for bloody miles :star_struck:

2 Likes

Great news Vlad

Oh that’s good to hear ! Glad it went well .

Wonderful news Vlad! :grinning:

Thank you all! You all looks so beautiful with my new eyes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m imagining it’s like wearing spectacles inside your eyes ?

The difference is amazing, everything is sooo sharp! I hadn’t realised how bad my eyes actually were, I gave up photography some years back and shooting because my distance eyesight was getting worse
I can now see miles😀 but I am now short sighted so will need glasses to correct that, I am using a cheap pair of those supermarket reading glasses which help
For those thinking of cataract surgery and getting it down quickly, SpaMedica is the way to go.

1 Like

Well that’s it, all done and dusted. I had my left eye checked today by vision express after the cataract surgery last month.
Both eyes now up and running ok, prescription for reading glasses issued.
So my plan is to have my old glasses reglazed, which I might do online, apparently prices are a bit cheaper.
Anyone had prescription glasses reglazed?

1 Like

Great news Vlad , pleased for you . I’m waiting for transport to be arranged and a date very soon . Im going to spa medica in Dorset . I’m trying not to get too anxious I know it won’t hurt . I will be on my own after but am told I’ll be fine and can do my drops

Great news Susan, take it from me, no pain, and SpaMedica are outstanding.
A tip if I may, re the eye drops, you can get applicators from Amazon which are quite cheap to help you putting the drops in.
Feel free to ask questions, I am an expert now :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Great news Vlad, a job well done :clap:

Thanks Mags, I must admit I have had a lot of support and advice from forum members since I put up my first post…so to all those that contributed, Many Thanks, you really helped me along my journey. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Think I’ll be OK re eye drops as I have used eye drops for years , thanks anyway . One question if I may , will there be a lot of pain when I get home and how long do I keep the eye patch on ?

That’s good Susan No pain at all your eye might feel a bit odd maybe a little uncomfortable but that was it for me The eye cover should left on at night for a week which is a pain to do trying to stick it back on with tape I bought an eye patch and used that in bed I believe it’s to stop you rubbing your eye when asleep

1 Like

Hello Vlad update on my cataracts , I went to Spa medica Poole on Tuesday I was picked up and returned home by them so no stress to find someone to drive me

I must admit I was anxious but as you said it was pain free and today I can see
clearly and sharply through my right eye , my left is to be done after check up and referall .

Isn’t technology amazing

Hi Susan
I am so pleased for you, isn’t it really amazing that such a short operation can achieve so much. Stick with the drops

1 Like