Priorities on tv news

Watched BBC breakfast news and was amazed that the news about the gay footballer, Jake Daniels was first on the agenda. It came above the war in Ukraine, cost of living in UK and everything else that’s going on.

Who even cares that he is gay and has come out? It’s not unusual at all for a person to be gay and anyway, all we ever hear is “we want to be seen and treated like everybody else”, OK so why make all the fuss about it?

1 Like

I thought the same … gay footballer, odd thing to have as main story. I don’t think I ever found out what the story was: I switched off.

Might be higher importance, in Media Circles, than in the real world?

I have never heard of him, and ok, maybe its a big deal for him and maybe he wants to inspire others to be brave enough to admit being gay, but yes @Flowerpower I would rather know about the important things in life. This is not important, in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

Exactly what I said to my colleagues this morning.

1 Like

A gay footballer Eh?

Well pardon me, but you’ve obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.

But on second thoughts … I wonder if they have fun in the shower after the match?

BBC Scotland’s Reporting Scotland’s main news story was the upcoming football match in Seville featuring Rangers but BBC Scotland is in a difficult position as it does not like to criticise the SNP government because they are afraid for their position in the event of independence.
For example a former SNP MP has just be found guilty of financial shenanigans but the story barely got a mention up here.

As for the footballer coming out as gay and how brave he was this had me crying in my coco pops. :rofl: :rofl:

I am not surprised at the annoucement. Just take a look at all the hugging and jumping on each others back after scoring a goal.

No different than the Johnny Depp ongoing court case and Rooney and Vardy over here.

Some people really do have over bloated egos . Thank goodness Katie Price has gone quiet for a while. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1 Like

I don’t think they do that because they fancy each other. :thinking:

Just to say that Katie Price is up here in Scotland doing tours of make up boutiques, and charging £25 for a make up session with her! A massive turn out by all accounts…12 people turned up at one place :joy:

Oops, sorry, missed this bit! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Hi Pixie

Has she got her plastic surgeon with her :wink:

1 Like

:wave: Hello! Lovely to see you here :smiley:

Dunno…I did see reports that some guy with a trowel was hanging around though :joy:

I’m sure it was a big thing for him but I’ve always found that when people come out as gay, it’s not as big a surprise to their friends and family as they think it’s going to be!

I was quite surprised though that he’s the first? If I’d thought about it at at all, I’d have thought there were some already?

I was thinking of going on the news to announce I am heterosexual.
Do you think my mugshot will be all over the telly then, and journalists queuing up at my door?
Perhaps I’d best not tell the world after all. image

2 Likes

He’s only 17 and is the first openly gay footballer for 23 years it must be difficult in such a macho environment.

1 Like

They’re all raving woofters including the botoxed wags. Just saying.

Alf Garnett is alive and well .

1 Like