Printer waste ink pads

My 9 yr old Epson xp-950 decided to shut down saying the ink waste pads needed replacing so I could not use the printer. I never knew about these pads before so on to you tube to see where and how to remove and replace. Found it under printer in a screwed down compartment. next was to order new pads and photograph old pads in situ inside the container( lucky I did or might have put them in wrong way around)
So new pads fitted now restart printer? you must be joking as no restart button on this model. Had to read the instructions carefully that came witrh the new pads and download a link which then eventually allowed me to use a code that came with the new pad kit.
Back up and running now and hopefully ok for a few more years

old pads inside container

1 Like

Canon printers used to shut down because of this, never to work again. One of the reasons I never bought a second one.

I’ve changed allegiance with printers and laptops in the past decade. I’m now into HP only.

Used to have a wonderful cartridges refill shop but now closed permanently since Pandemic.

Currently, getting the best deal for colour and black ink cartridges from Wilko dot com in UK.

I feel your pain @realspeed Epson is the worst brand. I remember early 2000s the refillable cartridges were a nightmare. If you missed the wee hole with ink bottle tip, you ended up with a permanent carpet stain. Yuck!

HP is the best and cheapest for now. Our last printer was the latest model from Tesco at £45. It scans, photocopies, prints, emails and faxes. Simply the best!