Printer inks new or refills

I have just purchased a new EPSON XP-2205 printer it has a choice new cartages over £30 or refill £12.
I sent off for the cheep ones but not used them yet as there is an option to join for £1.99/£3.99 to get printer cartages sent free post.
Has anyone used the cheep ones and how did you get on with them?

The name of the offer is READY PRINT FLEX and the price starts at £1.99.

I never use anything but the original carts, refills or third party can clog up the jets, a lesson I learned well. my Epson printer is about 9 years old and still working ok, only had to replace the ink tank underneath that takes the waste ink. refils may dry out

OH has an Epson and refuses to buy new ink cartridges, opting instead for the cheaper refills. Never had a problem so far.

On the other hand, i have an HP printer and always buy new HP cartridges which are expensive, but then i don’t use my printer as much as he does, so my ink lasts a lot longer.

It’s unfortunate that you bought an ink jet. A colour laser printer is much cheaper to operate especially with generic cartridges. A set for my printer costs as much as one manufacturers cartridge and I defy you to tell the difference in output.