Prince Harry wants to pay for security

I think he could be even more reasonable and not to bother coming where no-one really wants him. If he ever did, I’m sure there’d be many messages on social media inviting him to ‘bugger off’ whence he came.

4 Likes

Someone should tell him that his Auntie Anne only gets a protection detail when she’s on official Royal business.

1 Like

I bet we could buy a house,/ flay with what he will spend on protection…somehow it just don’t seem right…

Nothing against you Harry…:heartpulse:

You are right, Muddy.

A bit from todays paper explains:

" Prince Harry has been told the Met Police are not “guns for hire” and cannot be treated as a private force for the rich and famous.

It came as he threatened to sue the Government after the Home Office rejected his demands to use their officers.
He is seeking round-the-clock police protection normally reserved for royals and government, when he and his family visit the UK.
It is a matter for her majesty’s government to decide who gets protection, it is not a gift the Queen can decide to give or take away.
When Harry made his decision he wanted to leave the royal family, he maybe didn’t realise the pitfalls."

Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine said of Harry:
“He is a private citizen like the rest of us. You can’t use the Met as a private police force - they are not guns for hire.”

Piers Morgan really let rip (as you may expect). He says:

“The petuland Prince is threatening legal action - is there ever a time he isn’t? - unless the Home Office caves in and restores the royal security he enjoyed before his dramatic flounce to America.
If he go4es through with his threat it will be the first time any royal has ever sued Her Majesty’s Government, and, of course, causes the Queen uet another massive headache at the worst possible time.”

Apparently Harry pays £7,000 PER DAY for him and his family’s protection in the US.

Gosh, who’d want a life like that ey, having to have 24 hr protection from being kidnapped or killed.
I am so glad I’m a nobody.

1 Like

Sounds a bit excessive .

What does, Muddy? The £7,000 quoted?
It does sound an awful lot to me too, but that’s what the paper said this morning.
Mind you, we all know how they like to spin a yarn if they can.

It also said that even though Prince Andrew is still maintaining his security inspite of being stripped of his royal roles by the Queen. They reckon his security bill comes to £2 million per year!

Well that one economy the country could make .
I can’t think why Prince Andrew needs security unless he’s afraid Virgina Guiffre is coming to get him in person .

2 Likes

Is there any reason that the threat to Harry and his family is any greater than it is to other members of the family who only have police protection when they are carrying out Royal engagements?

well Kennedy was killed heh and he wasn’t carrying out any royal activities?? - they are all out there ya know around every corner - I believe knives are the favourite choice of weaponry atm??

1 Like

gumbud…imo…if someone wanted Harry killed, it would happen…regardless of how much security he has.

Look at that bloke who ended up in the Queens bedroom…remember that?..Michael Fagan his name was.

yes I was cleaning her chandeliers at the time - caught us both by surprise!!

1 Like

but his nanna wants him and papa too and maybe even his bro??

1 Like

Copied from Mups post ( forgotten how to quote :roll_eyes:)

Apparently Harry pays £7,000 PER DAY for him and his family’s protection in the US.

Crikey at that rate Harry will soon run out of money . Oh I’m so glad I’m a no body :innocent:

Ok, here’s a plan. Harry pays to bring his own security from the US while he’s here.

But while he’s here, he’s never allowed to be out of the company of another member of the Royal Family who does get police security

William could pick him up and drop off at the airport. He could be confined to wherever the Queen is living and not allowed out to do publicity seeking outing and events.

The rest of his family could visit him while he was there, security would be covered and he could just spend his time visiting with his family, which is what he says he’s coming over for :rofl:

1 Like

The man is completely paranoid as well as up himself . if he calls a few paparazzi a security compromise he ought to try travelling on a tube in the rush hour or having to put up with the hustle and bustle of ordinary life .

3 Likes

Oh well, as per usual, I don’t suppose we truly know the half of it.
We only ever hear the journalists side.

Maybe he is more worried about his wife getting attacked, because he must realise she is not very popular here, more so since she gave the famour Oprah interview.

I think most people would treat them with distain they are not worth attacking .

Oh I don’t know Muddy, there are always nutters about who probably would kill someone famous as a sort of status symbol I reckon. They want to go down in history for it, like having a big badge.

2 Likes

Hes was never the sharpest knife in the drawer but now his brain seems to have been turned to mush . In America they sue at the drop of a hat does he really think he can take on the British Government ?
If he wants to visit family he has their police protection if he wants to see the sights he will have to hire private security . Surely they have seen the sights already ?
If they want to go about playing Lord and Lady bountiful at charity dos it’s too late they could have done that when they were a ‘ working ‘ members of the royal family .

3 Likes

you sound like frenchies sitting knitting at the hanging gallows - ghouls that’s what you are!! haven’t you got anything better to do with your lives than hanging around picking on royalty ??

2 Likes