Prince Harry in Car Chase - No Further News

If herself was paid 18 million they have more than enough to last their lifetimes, plus the money they already had in the bank. They don’t have to live the high life, they can live decent/comfortable lives with what they have.

2 Likes

I don’t think Meghan would be happy with “comfortable”… :wink:

2 Likes

She will after the inevitable divorce and the generous settlement.

What has the Prince Harry “Car Chase” got to do with the Spotify Contract?
Maybe I’m missing something which the Harry Aficionados can see! :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The World is not enough. :grin:

I’m a softy at heart… I’ll buy him a pint.

R-1465763-1420992402-8432

1 Like

Loose connection - “Inspirational” Meghan accepted an award at the Ms Foundation Women of Vision Awards prior to the Car Chase and, in 2022, was named top Entertainment Podcast Host by the Gracie Awards for what was then her chart-topping podcast, Archetypes “where we explore and subvert the labels that try to hold women back” with other “inspirational” (and extremely wealthy black women).

Meghan likes money but she also likes to think she’s a world-changing influencer - obscure awards reinforce her self-belief.

The so-called “car chase” disappeared from the news almost instantaneously and Meghan’s kept a low profile since but she may soon be back:

Meghan Markle looks set to break cover in a new appearance alongside Prince Harry at the Invictus Games in Dusseldorf next month, which will take place on September 9 and last until September 16.

Meghan looks set to moderate a farewell show for families and competitors on the final day and Harry will also give a closing speech for the sixth-ever Invictus Games.

It is not yet known if the couple will stop off in the United Kingdom or bring with them their children Archie and Lilibet during the two week European trip.

The Sussexes visited the German city last year to meet official and potential competitors.

AFAIK, there’s no “stopover” in the UK … :face_with_monocle:

The car chase is a bit of old news and it was in New York

The Invictus Games is an upcoming positive event - and it is in Düsseldorf, so I don’t link them together in my mind.
Glad to see that Harry and Meghan are still supporting the Invictus Games and will be attending again - although I didn’t imagine they wouldn’t be, considering it was Harry who started it off and Meghan has joined him at every Invictus Games since they got together.

I hope it all goes well for everyone taking part and attending - let’s hope the media’s antics don’t spoil it.

I know - I contributed 22 posts to the thread.

The link is Meghan and “appearances”.

A joint appearance in Dusseldorf would be the couple’s first since they attended the Women in Vision Awards in New York in May.

They claimed at the time to have been involved in a “near catastrophic” car chase with paparazzi after the event in the Big Apple.

A spokesman for the Sussexes said the couple and Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland “were involved in a near catastrophic car chase at the hands of a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi”.

He added: “This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers.”

However, paparazzi denied there were any near crashes and New York Police Department said “numerous photographers” made the couple’s journey “challenging” but there were “no reported collisions, summonses, injuries or arrests”.

This thread contains unrelated but concurrent Harry and Meghan trivia - there’s no point in starting a thread for every incident they’re involved in while we’re waiting (pointlessly) for a full report on a “near catastrophic” car chase with press photographers.

1 Like

I agree - this trivia is pointless - yet the media seem to keep regurgitating it at every opportunity - and Joe Public obediently reads and comments on it! :rofl:

1 Like

Quite … thanks for your contribution … :grinning:

1 Like

You’re welcome :kissing_heart: :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly who was chased by some Pepperoni?

Great I don’t want or need any further H&M news. Less is more …seems to sum it up

1 Like

you have the right to choose that option - and have done so - please move on to next trivia item?

so a silly question [yes i know i’m noted for them
but who among us actually buys a newspaper…???
i participated in the Miners Strike 53 weeks
and i couldnt believe the way both the newspapers and aunty BBC reported
their reports were heavily edited and events turned round,
i have never bought a paper since [i lie…lol… i might have bought three]
but my biggest shock was the BBC News…today i wont believe a word they say.

I read The Guardian online… listen to the BBC News R4 & TV for local news

1 Like

I haven’t bought a newspaper for a few decades but I do read online news articles that catch my attention.

Most of the free-to-view news publications online make their money from advertising now.
I’m not certain how it works but I think the more people that visit their news website, the more money they can get paid from advertisers.
So one doesn’t have to buy a newspaper to help fund a media organisation - I think people are helping to fund them by just clicking on a news story.

That’s why I try to avoid clicking on the media sources I think are the most despicable and unprincipled - I don’t want to be the source of them raking in more money!

1 Like

I have a The Telegraph delivered daily and spend an hour or so each morning reading through it, I then spend some time doing the cryptic crossword, depending on how difficult I find it. I listen to the Today programme on Radio 4 and occasionally watch ITV news. I don’t read online newspapers because I find it difficult to read anything lengthy on the screen.