Prince Harry in Car Chase - No Further News

I read The Guardian online… listen to the BBC News R4 & TV for local news

1 Like

I haven’t bought a newspaper for a few decades but I do read online news articles that catch my attention.

Most of the free-to-view news publications online make their money from advertising now.
I’m not certain how it works but I think the more people that visit their news website, the more money they can get paid from advertisers.
So one doesn’t have to buy a newspaper to help fund a media organisation - I think people are helping to fund them by just clicking on a news story.

That’s why I try to avoid clicking on the media sources I think are the most despicable and unprincipled - I don’t want to be the source of them raking in more money!

1 Like

I have a The Telegraph delivered daily and spend an hour or so each morning reading through it, I then spend some time doing the cryptic crossword, depending on how difficult I find it. I listen to the Today programme on Radio 4 and occasionally watch ITV news. I don’t read online newspapers because I find it difficult to read anything lengthy on the screen.