Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'sent legal threats' as Queen fumed over Lilibet's name

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were reportedly desperate to dispel rumours they didn’t ask Queen Elizabeth II for permission to name their daughter after her and even sent legal threats.

The couple welcomed their daughter in June 2021 and decided to name her Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. Lilibet is the childhood nickname of the late Queen and was used only by her parents, her sister Princess Margaret, and her husband Prince Philip.

At the time of Lilibet’s birth in June 2021, there were reports the Queen hadn’t approved the choice of name. According to Robert Hardman’s new biography, Charles III: New King, New Court, a source said the Queen was “as angry as I’d ever seen her” over claims she had given her blessing.

Journalist Celia Walden, the wife of Piers Morgan, believes it was Meghan who was behind the name. “I think we can all agree that ‘Lilibet’ had Meghan stamped all over it,” she wrote in The Telegraph. Celia said the intention behind Lilibet’s name is “clear as day” and suggested it was used to create an impression of closeness between Meghan and Queen Elizabeth.

I always wondered about H&M’s appropriation of a very personal nickname. Lilibet was first used when Princess Elizabeth was just a toddler and unable to pronounce her own name properly. Her grandfather King George V would affectionately call her Lilibet imitating her own attempts to say Elizabeth. The nickname stuck and she became Lilibet to her family from then on.

While Morgan sucks up to Trump his other half gossips about royal nicknames.What a team they make.

1 Like

Nevertheless, much of the UK press is printing the “story” …

1 Like

To be honest I don’t believe a word of what the Media writes about The Sussexes. They lie all the time and say ooops later.
They know what sells their rubbish rags.
They love to stir the pot with a mix of truth and lies.

8 Likes

Adore this reply. :grinning:

2 Likes

Such a ridiculous and dumb story - since when did it become a crime to give a grandchild a middle name that was shared by a grandparent? Usually when you do this the grand-parent is over the moon? What kind of monster wouldn’t be?

Also very much agree with Rox:

Well said Rox!!

1 Like

Seemingly, you miss the point and the nuance.

“Lilibet” was never one of HM Queen’s names - it was George V’s “pet” name for the very young Elizabeth.

Meghan appropriated the “pet” name (which is not in common usage) as an act of spite against the Royal Family.

4 Likes

So what? If anything that makes it even more of a lovely gesture.

Why on earth would she do that to her own daughter? It’s just a ridiculous story and just goes to show how vile our press is.

1 Like

You are, of course, entitled to that opinion.

IMO, Meghan never does anything without intent, either self-interested or malicious.

Since she can never be a princess, divorcing Harry with a mega-million dollar settlement, a noble title for herself and royal titles her children will be her project when all else in her “career” fails.

2 Likes

Or maybe she just fell in love - or are you saying Harry is so hideous that an actress could never possibly fall in love with him? :upside_down_face:

You don’t even know the woman, yet from that anyone would think you were her psychologist! :044:

No, I’m saying the Meghan will, IMO, “dump” Harry when the time is right.

Well, you see her “good side”, I see her “bad”.

If ex-husband Trevor Engelson does release a proposed book about his 13-year relationship with Meghan, who “dumped” him after achieving “career” success in “Suits”, then some of the revelations may be not only relevant but interesting … :wink:

1 Like

Maybe he will dump her? Who knows and who cares - lots of r/ships end (in fact many people think it’s unnatural to be tied to just one person for your entire life). People get together people break up - that’s just life.

Why do we even care? It’s not like she’s running the country or is some sort of politician that has a direct influence on our lives.

I guess just don’t see why people are obsessed with her, especially negatively. I can totally understand people hating thatcher or suella-braverman or any other politician or person with hateful views, but not an actress who, afaik, only speaks out about positive things like women’s rights and equality etc.

1 Like

But you’ve taken time out to take an interest … :slightly_smiling_face:

You don’t know that.She may have just been trying to suck up to the old girl and got it wrong.

2 Likes

In that case, she would have been stupid (as would Harry, if he agreed with her) but Meghan is not stupid (and probably overrode Harry, if he disagreed with her).

Only because I’d rather people hate things that are actually worthy of being hated - like the greedy billionaires who are wrecking our planet and causing the suffering of so many people, or the politicians who should be standing up for everyday people and trying to bring humanity together but are corrupt and divisive, etc.

Those people are worthy of contempt, those people are legitimate targets - from a humanitarian perspective anyway.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

She has an unfortunate history of dumping men who love her .
Starting with her doting father.and next her first husband .
Various beaus have been cast aside too
She would not have looked at Harry were he not a wealthy Prince .

5 Likes

Spot on Muddy.

4 Likes