Price Hikes - log them here!

Mathematical equation. It’s not a hard one… it’s complex but not impossible to understand

Not to be “that lady” but…

Why are we logging local price hikes on an international forum? (for example) Eggs in one store in my city may be $4 and it could be $6 in the same city at a different store (same brand)

1 Like

Please provide a link, or feel free to copy and paste it on here.

I’ve not posted for a while and so you won’t be aware that I’m a maths teacher so might be able to handle a simplistic formula​:grinning::blush:

3 Likes

Careful, we might have to start calling you Karen :lol:

But seriously, it’s just for curiosity or for people to compare with others in the same sort of area/country :smiley:

2 Likes

500gm tins of Nescafe Blend 43 on special have gone from $16 six months ago to $17 two weeks ago to $17.80 now.

The normal price of these tins has risen from $20 to $26 over the same time.

1 Like

Noooooooooo ! :joy:

1 Like

Lazy i know,but gravy granules have shot up in price from £1-50 to £2-50 in all of the large supermarkets in the last 6 months.

1 Like

I do not have GG’s in my household because of additives and ‘permitted flavourings’ is simply a legal way of disguising and adding MSG (E621) which will drastically upset my heart rhythm

ASDA stuff keeps going up a few pence at a time…
My hot chocolate is now £1.10-up eight pence,as is Just Essentials bread.
And Chicken meatballs in tomato sauce is up twelve pence.Still only 87p though.
At least ASDAs answer to Hobnobs remain at 50p!

You can get 15 eggs for £1.99 in ASDA…or 10 for £1.79 in Home Bargains( but that was a couple of weeks ago)

Sorry to read that LD.
As of now,i shall not be using GG`s.

1 Like

Maybe got sumfin’ to do with the EXTRA VIRGIN that the label says is in the bottle ? :innocent:

Though how they’d even fit one in the bottle is beyond me ?? :laughing:

2 Likes

Aspall Raw Organic Cyder Vinegar

Noticed another one - this used to be £2.60!! An increase of 43%!!!

Isn’t it strange that it’s always the healthy stuff that costs the most and is first to rise in price…

1 Like

Makes you wonder doesn’t it OGF!? Same with how we’ve never had a shortage of Olive Oil until… covid! (Olive oil has shown to be effective against it!)

Conclusion: It can be concluded that olive oil consumption is capable to reduce mortality rates and is beneficial in cases with COVID-19 infection .

1 Like

Speaking of healthy stuff, here’s another - Epsom Salts!!!

This used to be £23 delivered!!!

And what’s worse, I’ve noticed lots of suppliers on Amazon show the image for the brand above (which is the best brand) but they send you out cheap Chinese rubbish (which I suspect is not actually Epsom salts but magnesium chloride - epson salts is magnesium sulphate)!!

1 Like

Speaking of ACV, just looked on Ocado and not only are they almost a pound cheaper for the same item, but they have a much bigger range!

https://ww2.ocado.com/search?q=Apple%20Cider%20Vinegar

Ocado are becoming more like what Waitrose was like when it first opened here - where they stocked lots of harder to get health foods that you usually only found in places like planet organic (now, unfortunately, they’ve become more and more like Tesco).

Well done Ocado! Think I might start shopping with them - their prices seem more reasonable too…

Just a couple of months ago this fish was £4.00 in Tesco…
It’s shot up to £6.50 today… :open_mouth:

Captain Birdseye must be saving for a new ship…Something along the lines of the Queen Mary 2…
Or at least a cruise on her…
Queen Mary 2

2 Likes

M n S potatoes up from £1 to £1-40 in less than two weeks.
Iced buns up from £1-20 to £1-65 Bread up from £1-30 to £1-65.Tesco.
They can keep them.

2 Likes

Due to all the rain we have had in the UK this winter all veg/ potatoes will be a higher price. Stock up with tinned.

1 Like