Presents received, good, bad or even weird?

Mine got used this morning as Husband uses soap in the shower as a preference to Shower Gel.
He had taken the last bar…except the one from my last birthday, was not ever looking like I want to open this bar…but kept it in the soap section of the shower room cupboard.
But I did 1st thing this morning… omg
…Soap…it really is soap
says from the Body Shop, Himalayan Charcoal
Purifying Facial Soap
Cleanses and Purifies
with Bamboo Charcoal from the Himalayan Foothills and Tea Tree Oil from Kenya…no idea which component stung my eyes but 100% that is a new one on me…Tea Tree Oil is good but I know it always states not for eye uses…

OK that is one of my worst Pressies and my Best of this years pressie is yet to be published …as we are still waiting for them :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Received a present this morning. Now reached a higher trust level :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well well, or is that well done
…good job they do not really know you…empty wallet etc…etc… haha

1 Like

I suppose I did receive a strange present many years ago from my wife. But it was something I had asked for.

Was a long sleeved thermal vest and long johns. Stop sniggering at the back I can here you :grin:

Was requested because I did a lot of beach fishing back then in the winter, and it used to get freezing standing on a beach in all weathers. One has to protect ones assets. :innocent:

3 Likes

My hubby bought me a cast-iron frying pan for our first wedding anniversary… he is lucky i didnt use it on him :slight_smile:

I never mention it these days…much :grin:

4 Likes

Did you get a better present for your second anniversary, assume there was a second? :joy:

Well done Summer… :thinking: …I got a Fridge the first Xmas after moving into our first real home in Beddington Surrey.

Cannot remember how I Managed cold food before that though.
…Had only been married one year,so head stuck firmly in the clouds…

2 Likes

Can’t remember Chillie its so long ago…I will never forget the frying pan though neither will he :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes had one baby the first year, and year two, had the joyous time of receiving twins… :sob:

2 Likes

Wow that must have been a bit overwhelming to say the least.

Like the addition to the pram to make it suitable for three :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

lovely picture Diane…I remember those prams :frowning: :grinning:

I had a similar over pram seat for my son, who was only 14 months when his sister arrived on the scene. It was an absolute godsend!

The weirdest present I ever had was from my mum. I think she was becoming a bit agoraphobic, and that Christmas she bought all her presents from a gift catalogue a friend was running. So I got a cut glass (not crystal, just cheap cut glass) peanut dispenser in the shape of a fish. The idea was that you picked up the fish and shook the peanuts out of its mouth :017:. Thanks mum :044:

2 Likes

That is one hell of a tail… :fish: :grinning:

2 Likes

One day as I left for the City centre my wife asked me to bring her a present back.
“Such as?”
“I don’t care, surprise me.”

I came home with a cricket ball from poundland. Objective achieved. That surprised her.

1 Like

My husband asked me what I would like for Christmas, I replied I would love some money to spend in the sales . Christmas morning arrived , jingling bells log fires as we all opened our beautifully wrapped presants eventually the room covered in gifts and screwed up wrapping paper I looked for my gift from my husband, he said " you asked for money for the sales " …

He had bought me nothing, not even a bar of soap or even chocolate to open on Christmas morning .

I didnt even get the money to spend in the sales

Guess what

I divorced him eventually :grin:

2 Likes

I was on a ward in a military hospital in W Germany having my right arm rebuilt after a bad accident, one mate not wanting to be seen carrying a bunch of flowers brought me a cauliflower, another a large bottle of lemonade which turned out to be gin and tonic, very refreshing. :laughing:

1 Like

I once received edible underwear. It was a secret Santa thing at work

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I used to have a thing with a mate where we’d try to out do one another with naff Xmas presents.I got him “The cast of Crossroads sing Christmas Carols” one year.That was hard to beat.

1 Like

Your lips are sealed ?
Just as well,probably.

That’s me uttering a few expletives