Preparing for the Trades

No ones mentioned the poor dog ,(or did i miss that post )…No dog likes to soil its home , its neglectful to not let a dog out to soil outside … Id be thinking shes not capable of looking after an animal .
When RSPCA go in to some homes this is what they are faced with ,Id suggest to her if shes not capable to look after the dog then have it adopted…

Puppy toilet training can be unpredictable …… especially over night accidents
Dex didn’t say the house was full of crap .!

It’s not full of pooh. 3 dogs in there, and they are walked daily and let out into the garden (when there’s someone awake to do so! :angry:). They can’t have a dog flap not the door, partly because there’s been a spate of dog thefts lately, and these aren’t cheap animals.

@pauline3 , the young lady isn’t depressed. It’s a good thing which involves her waking life taking place overnight a lot of the time. She and her mother have always had a curious connection with what we might consider common courtesy. Although I mention her not being up and around, my main complaint is having dog wee and poo in the kitchen and on a bedroom carpet, especially when I put my hand and feet in it.

What will you do then ,have words with them or ask your daughter to have words?

1 Like

I think my daughter will have made the point by now of what is, and isn’t fair and acceptable.

1 Like

Sometimes you have to walk away .

1 Like

I’ll get the room ready over the next couple of days. Then it’s up to her to decorate it, after which I’ll go and replace the light switch and socket.

1 Like

As long as you’re happy to do so .
It’s nice to help but not if it gives you grief.

1 Like

Dex… I think you’re mad. I’ve gotta ask … is she a home owner or a tenant? She sounds a right dirty mare.

1 Like

Council tenant (long term)

1 Like

Ah … so in effect she’s used to having repairs done for her for nothing … I’m probably been cruel and hard hearted.

1 Like

I used to work in the offices of a local builders. They were contracted to do all the building and roofing repairs of one of the housing associations in the area. They frequently came back from a job telling us that the whole house was full of animal excrement, cigarette ends, food scraps, carpets sodden with urine. They’d have to clear it all, and rip up the carpets and put in the skip, ready for replacing. How they did the work I’ll never know - even after clearing it, the house would still stink.

1 Like

All I can say is that you have stronger stomachs and kinder hearts than me.

1 Like

Think you are, if truth be told Morty.

Mmmm, she’s not supposed to have any alterations done to the electrics etc without permission then?

And if they give it, it’s got to be done by a qualified person and inspected afterwards?

She needs to be careful she’s not breaching her contract. Has she got permission to have three dogs, I wonder? It’s rather a lot in a rented property.

1 Like

well that’s you off my Christmas card list.

As long as you don’t land yourself in any grief with her landlord for fixing electrics and radiator brackets.

1 Like

@Bathsheba , I once did some work in a house in Harrow which was a council funded conversion (part M building regs). Part of this was to install a new kitchen. Every day the owner would start cooking on the brand new appliances, worktops before we left, and ever morning the place was a complete pigsty which we’d clean up before getting started

1 Like

They’re not paying, that’s the problem. No reason to take pride in their house. Not everyone has this attitude, thank heavens, but plenty do.

1 Like

Will run this by @Judd , but last time I looked at the regs, changing sockets and light switches on a like for like basis can be done by non electricians.

No idea about permission for 3 dogs.

Council is fine about allowing decoration and other minor repairs.

@Dextrous63 Your a mug, you should have said youll come back when the
house is clean ?? :-1::-1: