"Popular Fruit & Veggies covered in a cocktail of pesticides" study finds

Well, this isn’t particularly “new” news, but its concerning that nothing is being done about it. Over 122 different kinds of pesticides are being found in this study alone.

Just what is it we are eating…? :astonished:

2 Likes

BIB … Exactly … :scream_cat:

1 Like

Crikey!
:scream_cat:
It just shows you that even being a vegetarian doesn’t mean you’re safe from “nasties” in your food because even everyday fruit and veg. are potentially dangerous.
There doesn’t really seem to be much point in me telling my son to eat his greens any more.
:face_vomiting:

1 Like

They have know about this for so long now, and I am appalled that measures are not in place to stop this! I read somewhere that your “5 a day” wasn’t sufficient anymore, and it had to be at least 10 a day to gain any benefit. Yet you are essentially increasing your chances of becoming ill by absorbing more pesticides…makes no sense.

I’m all for organic farming, or growing your own…this is the way to go (in my opinion), if only they would make it cheaper and have designated spaces around towns and communities to get everyone involved. How lovely would it be to bring people together if there were such things. Pie in the sky of course, but…still…

1 Like

2018 link… but does not alter the fact that although allegedly France has banned some Pesticides it is still has one of the highest percentage rates of pesticides in it’s produce in Europe…Example of how bad it can get.

This 2nd link shows what fruits and vegetables are most at risk of containing high levels of pesticides.

1 Like

Well it’s a good thing the EU have strict controls. :icon_wink:

I bet the food today is safer than 50 years ago. I was born & raised on a farm where all sorts of stuff was spayed on to crops and ploughed it. It was perfectly normal but now illegal.

1 Like

I grew up around farms and goodness knows what was in the air…but still, with all our technology today, the spend money on other methods of food farming is alarming. May as well give us a “Nutrient Pill” 3 times a day and be done with it!

I’d prefer an aperitif, some colourful and tasty nosh, fine wine, good company. I also enjoy sourcing and preparing my meals.

Seriously who knows what we are eating? all the medication they feed us old folks too. But I do alright on it.

1 Like

Anybody realise how the Animals that are used for food are treated, Anti-Biotics as standard and quite a few other cocktails, just to make sure they keep healthy… :thinking:

3 Likes

Sounds the best way to fine dine!

Yep…and this is why I try and avoid meat like the plague that it is…

1 Like

Councils have to find such spaces by law - they’re called allotments.

I was thinking more about taking over wasted land that is owned by the council but sitting there doing nothing for the moment. A season of growing flowers or fruit and veg would be more beneficial to the community than waste ground, don’t you think? :smiley: