Poor Arthur

The main thing is that it can be managed Missy. I was expecting the worst when I saw your update. Poor thing though, he must be sick of it and sick of the vets too.

Awww Longdogs, he’s pitiful to look at

Hes lost so much weight and he’s so lethargic and sore

Hes only just two so Ive got to try to do what we can for him but omg its so hard watching an animal be so poorly :frowning:

Missy I feel so sorry for you. Having dealt with sick cats over the last 40 years I know how upsetting it is.
I have never had one with eye problems, so I can offer little advice, but I know how much he means to you so I will been keeping my fingers crossed for a good result.:hug:

Poor Arthur, I hope something can be done to help him :frowning:

I’m so sad to catch up with this thread I thought Arthur was on the mend and back to his old self. So sorry things have regressed I hope something can be done for him he has been through so much.

Poor puss. Missy I feel for you - I really do. There is nothing worse than watching a pet suffer and feeling helpless because they cannot say where it hurts most. Cats are very resilient though and they are also very intuitive - Arthur will know that he is loved and that is so important for a good recovery.

Missy I am sorry to hear Arthur is still poorly :frowning: we feel so helpless when our pets are ill don’t we.

I hope he improves soon…

Finally Arthur has just been given the all clear from the vet :mini: :mini: :mini:

Its been a long slog and must have been so painful for him, but right now, this very minute, no eye ulcers to be seen :slight_smile:

We have to keep up with the antiviral drops for another month and keep him on the supplement for life but its a small price to pay to keep his eyes clear

He may still need a small op to remove some dead tissue thats been left behind but we are hoping that will dissolve itself as the op will cause another ulcer

So right now he’s very happy as he went to the vet and came out again without getting a jag and Im happy because we have got to this stage

Lovely looking fellow. Hope he mends.

That is wonderful news, Missy, you and Arthur must be equally relieved.

Fantastic News Missy. Well done Arthur me boy.

Heres Arthur today in this weeks chosen snooze spot :slight_smile:

He still has dye around. his eye from todays examination, and his fur under his neck is still raggedy from having his bloods removed but I still think he’s a handsome chap

Well done Arthur and Missy.

Wonderful what knowledge, patience, and lots of tlc can do. :023:

Gorgeous little chap Missy… I’m so glad he is back to full health.

Great news, Missy :slight_smile:

That’s brilliant news for you, Missy.
I must say, Arthur looks a very strong, healthy cat. :slight_smile:

Glad Arthur’s doing so well Missy :001:

He is so beautiful, Missy !

Good news, hope he continues to recover! He’s very handsome.

Thankyou all for your kind words, they really are appreciated

Those that say he is a handsome chap, I have to say I always thought so ( and still do) but compared to some cats out there, he’s pretty plain

But his aloofness gives him a look about him for sure :slight_smile:

Twice in two years he snuck in for a cuddle. Good job cats live so long, Ive at least another 18 cuddles coming my way :smiley: