Political training

Out of boredom, I watched a bit of PMQ on catchup a couple of days ago. Usual thing, someone asks a question and the PM avoids answering it and hurls abuse instead.

So I thought we could have a bit of fun with some in-house training. Someone asks a question, and others reply in the style of a professional MP.

Feel free to answer questions (ideally making it clear which question it is you’re answering, since it might not be obvious :wink:), or indeed ask your own question.

I’ll kick off by asking you bunch of honourable members…

Q1 - What day is it?

I’d be tempted to ask if the right honourable gentleman has a Sunday roast to attend to.

1 Like

That’s a really good question which goes to the very heart of the really wet weather we are having.

1 Like

Mr Speaker would the Right Honorable Gentleman please remember we have a lot to get through today!!

1 Like

that is a question that needs a lot of consideration. The day of the week is important to some and not to others. Is it relative to the previous or following day has to be taken into account. It could be one day in one part of the world and a different day elsewhere. The importance of which day it is therefore has no meaning. What one should really consider is if the pubs are open or closed, or scam another free trip abroad on some pretext or other.

2 Likes

Mr Speaker, we once again see the failing party opposite become fixated with distractions and red-herrings. They focus on what the day is called instead of addressing the challenges that this forum faces today. They should not be asking what day is it, they should be asking what shall we do today - as they clearly have no clue. Mr Speaker, we have a clue. We on this side of the forum have again and again demanded that they do the right things each day. And what do we get by way of response? They are obliged to ask what day is it! This is beyond comprehension. It is as if they failed to read their brief on what day it is and then failed to bring that brief with them. Mr Speaker, we demand that the side opposite start facing reality and use that calendar that we know they have in their office. And these obfuscations must end once and for all.

1 Like

Mr Speaker , I beg to ask the Right Hon Gentleman , If he remembered to turn his Clocks back an Hour , If he has to ask what day it is , I will remind him the clocks went back last weekend .
Now can we get on .

1 Like

Right, having cleared that up…

Q2 - how much is a pint of milk nowadays?

PM stands and plonks down a folderfull of papers on dispatch box, “Mr Speaker, we have earmarked an undisclosed vast sum of taxpayers money for a wot-day-is-it thinktank committee and answers will be coming forthwith”, grabs folderfull of papers and promptly sits back down.

2 Likes

ORDER ORDER , will someone tell the RH Gentleman where to buy the cheapest Milk ,
we have to keep in Budget .

1 Like

89% more in relative terms than when Maggie stopped giving it to School Kids!!!