Please Tell Me What You Have

Where do you think you went wrong with it?

I tell you a great place to go, to watch step by step on making fudge, YouTube, I have just watched Delia on YouTube making flaky pastry for sausage rolls, it was great watching her do it, written recipes can be quite confusing at times.

Yum,yum, I love the look of that pie, it looks like gammon chunks with cranberries at the base, mince pies and Christmas pudding look good as well.:+1::+1:

Looking at that pie closer,LD, it looks like chicken or even turkey and gammon, lickin my lips I am!!.:+1:

1 Like

I have a screen in my kitchen and did as far as I could see follow the recipe to the letter even bought a thermometer.
Not a big deal though cheaper to buy it. :rofl:

1 Like

I need to drag myself away from the forum and go make those sausage rolls,:joy::joy:…catch you later.:smiley:

I do not bake, so no pics from me. All items are bought from Tesco in my house. :grinning:

2 Likes

Tell us what you’ve bought?

I’ll edit my post to add that in.

Party food, pigs in blankets, mince pies, though we have been eating those for weeks now :grinning: crisps, biscuits, lots of cakes, Beef for the main meal, but Daughters OH cooks it & we will eat it at their house, Daughter already took it home. Plus the usual weekly shop. It cost a bit more this week than usual.

1 Like

Not baking but do these count?

Made everyone (12) a little lantern and filled them with homemade rum truffles!

IMG_9587 (2)

2 Likes

we have saved up three crusts of bread, saved the juice from a tin of tomatoes, and an oxo cube, we will have super dip butties for christmas lunch

3 Likes

In a word ‘absolutely nothing’, whoops that’s two words. Firstly, I cannot do baking, don’t know how. Secondly, I am out for Christmas Day enjoying somebody else’s efforts in that department!

I hope you all enjoy whatever it is you have during the coming festive season.
:plate_with_cutlery: :birthday: :cake: :cupcake: :pie: :wine_glass: :beer: :tumbler_glass:
:+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

I have done some baking - but it is all in the freezer!

1 Like

Ooh, they look yummy, ST…:smiley:

I love that lantern as well,:heartpulse:

1 Like

Tell us what you baked please? :smiley:

Mince pies, Cheese straws, and sausage rolls.

1 Like

I have just baked this batch of scones for my elderly lady, another batch is cooking in the oven , they are for her and her family, to have Boxing Day tea, served with clotted cream and jam.

Needless to say, I forgot the clotted cream for the few I have baked for myself,:smirk:.

1 Like

They look just like the ones I used to have when I was a child, lovely.

1 Like

They look delicious! I am not good with scones - in fact, to be honest, you could cobble the street with mine! :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you Mr Fraggle.:grinning:…Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:.

Well, that must be the only thing you aren’t good at, because you’re an excellent cook.

In honesty ST…I have had to watch many tutorials to get them right, it was the dough I overworked, scones need very little handling…Merry Christmas,ST.:christmas_tree:

1 Like

Thank you for the lovely compliment - I do love to cook - and I know you do too. Everything you make looks delicious.

Have just found this on YouTube - will try it after Christmas and see if it works!