Please Tell Me What You Have

baked for the forthcoming festive period?

Pictures of your baking would be appreciated!..:smiley::smiley:

Also if you have bought anything from the shops or ordered online, let us know what you bought/ ordered.?

2 Likes

Just tried making fudge twice and both times it was more toffee so that is that. :rofl:

1 Like

Keep trying Mr Fraggle, …it took me so much practice to make pizza dough, I nearly broke my tooth on the very first base I made,:rofl:

That fudge that turned to toffee, sounds yummy.:grin:

Unfortunately I cannot eat toffee so in the bucket it went.
Done with that now I think. :rofl:

1 Like

All of my holiday period pastries etc have been ordered for 24th collection from Turner’s Pies.
Turner’s Pies - Award Winning Pies from West Sussex (turnerspies.co.uk)

1 Like

Where do you think you went wrong with it?

I tell you a great place to go, to watch step by step on making fudge, YouTube, I have just watched Delia on YouTube making flaky pastry for sausage rolls, it was great watching her do it, written recipes can be quite confusing at times.

Yum,yum, I love the look of that pie, it looks like gammon chunks with cranberries at the base, mince pies and Christmas pudding look good as well.:+1::+1:

Looking at that pie closer,LD, it looks like chicken or even turkey and gammon, lickin my lips I am!!.:+1:

1 Like

I have a screen in my kitchen and did as far as I could see follow the recipe to the letter even bought a thermometer.
Not a big deal though cheaper to buy it. :rofl:

1 Like

I need to drag myself away from the forum and go make those sausage rolls,:joy::joy:…catch you later.:smiley:

I do not bake, so no pics from me. All items are bought from Tesco in my house. :grinning:

2 Likes

Tell us what you’ve bought?

I’ll edit my post to add that in.

Party food, pigs in blankets, mince pies, though we have been eating those for weeks now :grinning: crisps, biscuits, lots of cakes, Beef for the main meal, but Daughters OH cooks it & we will eat it at their house, Daughter already took it home. Plus the usual weekly shop. It cost a bit more this week than usual.

1 Like

Not baking but do these count?

Made everyone (12) a little lantern and filled them with homemade rum truffles!

IMG_9587 (2)

2 Likes

we have saved up three crusts of bread, saved the juice from a tin of tomatoes, and an oxo cube, we will have super dip butties for christmas lunch

3 Likes

In a word ‘absolutely nothing’, whoops that’s two words. Firstly, I cannot do baking, don’t know how. Secondly, I am out for Christmas Day enjoying somebody else’s efforts in that department!

I hope you all enjoy whatever it is you have during the coming festive season.
:plate_with_cutlery: :birthday: :cake: :cupcake: :pie: :wine_glass: :beer: :tumbler_glass:
:+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

I have done some baking - but it is all in the freezer!

1 Like

Ooh, they look yummy, ST…:smiley:

I love that lantern as well,:heartpulse:

1 Like

Tell us what you baked please? :smiley:

Mince pies, Cheese straws, and sausage rolls.

1 Like

I have just baked this batch of scones for my elderly lady, another batch is cooking in the oven , they are for her and her family, to have Boxing Day tea, served with clotted cream and jam.

Needless to say, I forgot the clotted cream for the few I have baked for myself,:smirk:.

1 Like