Please, Please... No More Boris Johnson Threads

You are, of course, entitled to that viewpoint … it may well be contentious but it is not, IMO, controversial … :wink:

1 Like

Beats me to understand the point of TL3s if they can’t DO anything

1 Like

Ditto.

1 Like

You could always file the threads under the heading of “BJ” Unfortunately, some folks might get the wrong idea as to content! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

OTOH, there are FMs who say that TL3s do too much … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe some have thought they do too much unnecessary fiddling and interfering and not enough structural reform.

1 Like

This thread made me giggle @Artangel - a thread about something there’s too many threads about has an amusing angle to it! :rofl:

The best thing about forums is that nobody twists your arm to open and read every thread - I tend to skip over the ones with topics I find boring without opening them - it often makes me giggle when folk not only read them but then bother to type a comment to say they are not interested in the topic - such a funny thing to do!

4 Likes

Indeed … and it may yet become “Hottest This Week” … :004:

1 Like

I agree, Artie. Grumbling seems to far outweigh any kind remarks about people, press, health, and trying to compliment once in a while. More should try it, but it does make for a sunnier outlook on life.

2 Likes

Thanks for those instructions @Omah
I just tried the first method you posted - it was easy peasy and done in seconds - if it works, I may never see another thread about Brexit in my latest post list again! :+1:

2 Likes

TBH, it was one of the first facilities I tried on OFC because I found the display of ALL Categeories, ALL threads and ALL posts just way too much … :scream_cat:

Muting unwanted FMs is another way to keep your day calm … :wink:

Just a click away … :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We didn’t get the label ‘whinging poms’ for no reason you know lol

1 Like

I’m sorry you think they are taking over and I agree perhaps one thread called Boris Johnson. And putting them on controversial so you can ignore. No one should have it shoved down their throat

But I also think that while there may well be more joyous and uplifting things I don’t think there’s anything more important to the future of our country to talk about

And I think some Johnson supporters would like the country to move on and not talk about it, to save his hide

So, sorry, the next lies he tells and the next ploy he pulls, I may well start a thread! But I promise to start it in controversial so you can avoid it! :rofl:

1 Like

Set the bots on him!

2 Likes

Put him in slow mode …

Please wait an hour before your next fib in this house.

3 Likes

A TL3 could move all the Boris threads into slow mode or perhaps there needs to be a special “Controversial: Boris” Category which only allows posts every 6 months.

I mention it merely in passing

2 Likes

10…

It’s okay if you love him or hate him and want to read or participate in repetitive ding dongs every day.

How about a Keir Starmer Idiots guide to Biology thread?
Apparently the man who wants to lead the Labour Party into government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain has stated in the media that, ‘Some Women do have Penises’ ….:scream:
So, I have a question about etiquette…how does one chat up a ‘lady’ in the pub these days, would it be ok for one to say to a ‘lady’, “look love before I say you look gorgeous and can I buy you a drink, do you have a Willy?’

I am asking for a friend ok?

5 Likes

I hope he has a hard head he might get hit over it with a handbag .
Or even a man bag .

1 Like