Platinum Jubilee

why did you watch it?

2 Likes

But is it necessary to say so?

No and I live to regret not going to see them live. I watch his concerts a lot on youtube and always feel such envy when I see the audience and how they look so elated.

Oh well, can’t turn back time but how I wish we could.

Lucky you that you have that memory…wow.

1 Like

You have no idea at the time do you youth is indestructible and of the moment.

I’ve managed not to see any of it, those who want to watch the beeb will oblige, there’s other channels available to which one can avoid, or even books.

Saw Cliff Richard being interviewed briefly today OMG what has he done to his face ?

Oh Sir Cliff … why :flushed:

I didn’t. I accidentally passed through the program and RAPIDLY moved on.

Absolutely. If for no other reason than to show that not everyone likes all the nauseating sycophantic that has been oozing from so many. My distant relatives solved the “monarch” BS.

Possibly because he’s 81

I think I would have screamed myself sick, if he’d sung that bloody awful “Congratulations” to The Queen!! :rage: :rage: :rage:

Yes it was a really poignant. You could see the significance. The three successive monarchs to be all, pictured together with the reigning Queen. A lovely moment. One also shed a few tears. :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 Like

What’s he done . Plastic surgery? Can’t defy youth but people will try to hang onto their young looks

1 Like

people can still be attractive as they age naturally but it looked like cliff had really tight thin facial skin . Ah well if he’s happy that’s all that matters .

I agree, John.
I am not usually into all this sort of stuff much, but that moment when the Queen came out on the balcony and they stood together . . . . . well I must confess, I felt the emotion too, and it brought a tear to my eyes too. :cry:
We will never see that moment again, and I did feel that just for those few minutes, it was very special.

4 Likes

I don’t think any other country can beat the U.K. for putting on such a magnificent and spectacular event.
Everything was just WOW… especially those drones in the sky, Oh…and of course the flyover by some of my favourite planes.

5 Likes

Poor old Cliff. Why doesn’t he just go grey gracefully? His hair looked dreadful yesterday, thin and wispy and brown. No man of 81 still has brown hair.

1 Like

I dread to think what Security would have costed throughout all this.
Must have been some nutcase’s wildest dream with all those Royals together.

I thought that to Mups . It went off well with no issues but thoughts did go through my mind .

1 Like

Paddington and the Queen

Has to be the best TV experience EVER… I loved it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

5 Likes