Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Brakes fitted with the help of my son, electrical connections to make, ride, then sell, bring on the MoHo.

after a pleasant cycle ride a few days ago decided to keep our leccie bikes till they fall apart

Glad you came to that decision Max, its good to have at least one two wheeled pedal assisted projectile in the garage, four is a bit excessive.

if it stays dry might just do another ride, Mrs M is away on a walking holiday in Isle of Man

I questioned my sanity yesterday, I came out of the country park on the Saracen onto a minor road, in the distance I could see a couple of cyclists in the distance going in my direction. I knew I would soon catch them up then would have the dilemma do I sit behind them and possibly antagonize them or just overtake and have done with it. The decision was made to overtake so, had a look over my right shoulder, nowt coming so I went to the opposite side of the road and did a text book overtake then the thought hit me what the legit cyclists thought pattern might have been. The two cyclists were male and female, early forties ish, decked out properly with proper head gear etc, what must they have made of some old mid sixties geezer with a baseball cap on, going past at 30+ mph on the wrong side of the road, something has to change, sharpish.

2 Likes

You mean you donā€™t wear proper cycling headgear spitty, and there was me thinking you were the iconic lecce bike person

No, there is a sixteen year old lurking in here, out to get me :grin:

Donā€™t get me wrong, got the gear but itā€™s good feeling the wind on your baseball cap

Just start off with the intent of pootling along then it gets out of hand :smiley:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Rennie for that

heā€™s a widget!!

Iā€™ve always worn a baseball cap. It keeps the Sun out of the eyes and that means better vision of the road ahead. Tried a proper cycle helmet with a kind of peak out front but that didnā€™t work. Bought a cap with a peak designed to go under the helmet but that was no good either. The peak isnā€™t big enough.

The material used in baseball caps is a bit too thick to go under a cycle helmet. Went back to just the baseball cap in the end.

Motorhome on the horizon, at least one leccy bike and a couple of aircraft should survive this transition.

(and the Beamer)

I took my leckie bike for a ride the other day in the back of my motorhome - she loved it and I even let her wear my peaky cap!! - wot a blinder!! - leaky

Looks like we may be done here, the Mo Ho will absorb all resources, did it though, Old Git on an absurdly fast bike, done and dusted :laughing:

t.g.f.t!

Yep, a lot of stuff advertised, half tempted to have a bid myself :laughing:

1 Like

The Black Bomber is staying

Vehicle identification number

Your vehicle needs a vehicle identification number before having an MSVA inspection. Write to the following address if it does not have one.

VC15A/MASET
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1ZZ

spittie you are a very naughty naughty boy - stringin us along with all this excitement and then bursting the balloon - feck feck feck!!

There is method in the madness, the Black Bomber cost circa Ā£3300 to build, its hard to commit someone to buying for a fair price who is basically buying an item that will be seized if caught in a public place.
Buy going through the registration process for a couple of hundred quid, it can be sold as a commuter machine, there canā€™t be more than half a dozen legit ones in the UK.

get a retirees hand operated push chair won\t ya??