Pies, pies and more pies

Mags, I love sardines. I love all fish. I would eat that pie, no problem…YUM

Hey Blue - if you like Ice Cream - how about this;_

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-44808966

Key Lime Pie! Oh yes, it was absolutely delicious and very moreish :-D. Now I remember where we had that … it was in Perkins Restaurant.

I’m not personally familiar with Perkin’s Restaurant. It is a corporate chain restaurant with 43 stores spread across Florida. They do have a chicken salad sandwich on the menu. It is mixed with celery, walnuts and grapes, but it is served open-faced (no top bread) and does not look at all like your photo. It is possible that they were running a luncheon “special” that day which was not too special. :frowning:

Good Grief, WB, Whatever will they think of next!! What are the ingredients? is it Ice-Cream or like a smoothie? a drink? or thick shake? sounds intriguing. Something I would try just to say I tried it.

As for Mayonnaise Ice-Cream, To be honest, I certainly wouldn’t pay for a tub of it. I am so set in my way as I’ve gotten older, I now prefer the boring flavours such as real Cornish Dairy Ice-Cream or Choc Mint Chip or if feeling adventurous, Salted Caramel. :lol::lol: Mind you, when I was younger and living in London, I was forever to be found in Baskin Robbins in the Edgeware Road, as I lived just around the corner off Baker Street… their Ice-Cream was absolutely divine.

LOL You think mayonnaise ice cream is strange (so do I) in the Philippines they have cheese flavored ice cream. Down there McDonald’s serves spaghetti. They call it McSpaghetti. Good Lord, can you imagine how bad that stuff is ? Yuck !:frowning:

There certainly are some weird and wonderful flavours out there!:lol: I still chuckle at the thought of another first invented I believe, by the Scottish, “Deep Fried Mars Bar in Batter” very popular and sold in Fish and Chip takeaways.
I don’t know whether you know it as this name in the US. Someone told me you know it over there as a "Milky Way?
My goodness, talk about an artery-clogging treat!! :lol:

Yes, there is a Milky Way Chocolate bar. I don’t think I have had one since childhood.

Buy one and deep fry it in batter - delicious!!!

Best served with fries and coleslaw … :wink:

With a side of deep fried Pizza :slight_smile:

Actually deep fried mars bar is something you have to try once in your life

One night in work, it was quiet, I was bored, KP was bored, so off to the shop she trotted and bought back some mars bars/ bounty bars and twirls and we battered them and fried them and they were GOOOOOOOOD :lol:

Thankfully the pans were being cleaned the following morning as we made a right mess of the oil :lol:

It does look appetising in this photo:

:shock:

What is it with people - eating coleslaw with everything - its rabbit food - much prefer the rabbit itself, I can casserole it!!!

Brains… Made my mouth water… Love em, though they seem harder to get these days, rarely see ox hearts either usually just pigs or lambs

Ok I admit to trying one of these once and they are sinfully wicked. It’s a delicacy for the sweet tooth :mrgreen:

Ha Ha I think I’ll pass on that one. Once, as a child, I pigged out on Milky Ways and got sick as a dog. :frowning: Haven’t touched on since. Ha Ha

Poor bunny!

Coleslaw is actually really mooreish with barbequed food. It’s a bit like corn on the cob. Something you wouldn’t normally eat indoors but which tastes divine when cooked on a smoky griddle in the open air.

But it has to be homemade!

Annie darlin’ - I don’t give a stuff whether its home made or shop bought - its vile rabbit food smothered in salad cream - ergghhh yuk.

chicken livers - a delicacy that is worth dying for!! - lightly fried mind - medium rare I would suggest - don’t want bouncy rubber!!

Think of it as a bit of relish or horseradish sauce! Just a side savoury rather than a salad. I think it’s too naughty to be a salad. Lot of onion if you use the right recipe.