Pierce Brosnan accused of trespassing in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA

US National Park Service rangers have charged former James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan with trespassing in Yellowstone National Park.

Mr Brosnan, 70, was charged with going off trail near the Mammoth Hot Springs and has been ordered to appear in court in Wyoming on 23 January. The Irish actor, who played James Bond from 1995 to 2002, had entered an off-limits area near the Mammoth Terraces on 1 November, according to charging documents obtained by BBC News. He allegedly left the boardwalk to enter the ecologically sensitive ground. Mr Brosnan has not commented on the charges.

The hot springs are part of the park’s thermal features that include geysers, steam vents and scalding mud pools. Leaving the trail can be very dangerous, as the ground is brittle and can easily give way to the boiling hot acid pools beneath, according to the park’s website. More than 20 people have been killed after falling into the park’s springs.

• In August, a Michigan man sustained thermal burns after leaving the official trail in Yellowstone, the world’s oldest national park.

• In 2021, a 20-year-old woman suffered severe burns after trying to rescue her dog from a Yellowstone hot spring.

• In 2016, a 23-year-old man died in the Lower Geyser Basin after leaving the boardwalk trail with his sister. Authorities later determined it was too unsafe to recover his body, which had dissolved almost entirely by the following day.

Arrogant or stupid … :thinking:

Maybe it’s a celebrity thing? Ed Sheeran got his foot scalded when he stepped into a mountain geyser after being told not to go there. He required skin grafts on his foot.

I think most people would follow the rules without having to test it out themselves.

Idiot!!

Stupid boy … :roll_eyes:

Pierce Brosnan posing for a photo at Mammoth Terraces has resurfaced after the actor was hit with a court date for allegedly wandering into a protected area at Yellowstone National Park.

The James Band star, 70 - who is claimed to have walked into ‘delicate’ and dangerous Mammoth Terraces hot spring tiers - could be seen striking a pose in an image uploaded to the Instagram page called @touronsofyellowstone.’

The resurfaced photo comes shortly after Pierce was slapped with a court date in Wyoming for allegedly wandering into ‘delicate’ and dangerous protected hot springs at Yellowstone National Park.

He has been cited twice over the alleged violations on November 1, and is scheduled to appear in court on January 23. The star has been charged with Foot Travel in a Thermal Area and Closure Violation, according to court documents filed on Tuesday. He is due to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Stephanie Hambrick next month.

Federal rules stipulate visitors to national parks must stay on the designated walkways. Venturing off the boardwalk is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $5,000.

The photo is not tagged so not exactly damning evidence but it won’t do him any favours … :face_with_monocle:

Steady on Omah, lest you should find yourself at the wrong end of a Walter PPK.

Anyway, I’m sure he had a little escape route.
Looking forward to my compact jet pack from Amazon in about twenty years time :+1::wink:

1 Like

I gotta Glock:

:071:

2 Likes

Don’t mess :wink:

1 Like

That may scare the cats pardner but this one stings:

:scream_cat:

2 Likes

:crown::potato: = :tired_face:

1 Like

Did you ever have one of these:

Not as dangerous as a spud gun and a lot more fun … :grin:

1 Like

I actually didn’t have one of those Omah… however I had one of these, got it from Woolworths in Camden Town during the early 70’s. What ever happened to Airfix, I’m being rhetorical :wink:

That’s my last word on toy guns from days gone by, running low on ammo.
Aren’t we drifting off topic Omah…and your own thread too, your usually a bit of a stickler.

Been celebrating early perhaps ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::champagne:

1 Like

I’m just upping my post count - if it drops too low then I lose my TL3 status … :wink:

1 Like

The 70-year-old was initially scheduled to appear in court on 23 January for the 1 November incident.

However, a Wyoming judge granted his request for a virtual hearing on 20 February.

Don’t mess with the cowboys…You can’t beat a good Winchester…

Me on the left if you were wondering…

1 Like

I think you are wearing the same shorts.

1 Like