Pictures / Photos

My son wants some pictures for his new flat. Much as he’d prefer signed originals, my preference is something more affordable. I have discovered websites which allow you to download photographs - and during Black Friday I subscribed to a ‘deal’ for £10/month and 15 downloads. I’ve chosen two of the downloads, taken the downloaded file to a photoshop and had them printed; bought a frame and am pleased with the result.

Those are really good, Lindyloo, I love seascapes!

1 Like

Much better than signed originals, if you ask me.

1 Like

With the added advantage that if you want a change, you can choose from any of the remaining downloads (13), take them to a photoshop and for a reasonable amount have them print the photo. The website I used is:

https://www.dreamstime.com

You’ll have your own gallery before long.

Its very tempting. But I also wanted a picture, but have chosen a modern wall art : East Urban Home Print & Reviews | Wayfair.co.uk.

1 Like

@Lindyloo - good choice!

1 Like

Thanks ST. It can’t be hung on a pale background, so I’ll be painting the chimney breast in my lounge a mid-blue to provide contrast. That’s the plan at the moment!

1 Like

What a good idea.

There are a lot of famous pictures on the Internet which are long out of copyright, I guess a 10 by 8 print of a Rembrandt doesn’t have the same impact as the original but it would make a nice wall hanging. One of the local department stores will even print it on canvas for you for a few bucks.

NASA has some wonderful pictures taken by the Hubble telescope in very high resolution which would make great wall hangings and which are copywrite free.

That’s a good idea ,a Xmas present for myself.Initially my interest in computers was just to see the Hubble pics.