Picky Eater Test

I apologise if my rant against American memes, such as the food list, offended you. I was expressing my frustration at the number of such memes that use US words and also US thinking (e.g. the only offal in the list was liver). Facebook is dominated by them. Please do not be put off posting just because I ranted at the list (not at you). Maybe there are Brazilian delicacies that Europeans would hesitate to eat?
And, of course, I liked your opening post because I also replied with my own preferences !

1 Like

Don’t worry. I get that a lot too. So provincial. Some people seem to think that the world begins and ends at their country’s border.

As to the OP, I’ve tried everything on the list except snails. I’d try that if it was available. I’m a vegan but I’d happily eat everything on the list* except black licorice. Red licorice is yum but not black licorice.

*I’d probably be sick later but taste wise, I’d be ok.

Me too

1 Like

The Dutch like it very salty.It’s a treat for some in our house,not for me though.

Bassets Licorice Allsorts…Scrumptious…
:yum:
I’ve been known to turn Bertie occasionally…
:open_mouth:

2 Likes

I remember the days when we’d buy these, the trick was to pinch the centre between finger and thumb and chomp away at the end of the tape, what delicious unraveling!

You could get away with it when you were a kid, over eighteen and it’d just look crass and slobby :wink:

1 Like

17 for me, some I don’t eat coz they affect my digestion, though I used to eat them years ago. I absolutely loath licorice in any shape or form.

Apparently its good for yer bowels Tiff…
:pleading_face:

Really!. But, there is nowt wrong with my bowels, I am very regular, OGF. tmi :grinning:

1 Like

Yes the over 50s that admit to liking liquorice are just big children at heart. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like I’ve got something to add to my shopping list tomorrow… Bring back Bertie :+1:

2 Likes

11 for me.
love berties licquorice,used to be able to buy root liquorice too,dont see it now.

1 Like

I remember buying liquorice root from the Tuck Shop at school and even though I kept buying it, it was very disappointing. Let’s face it Liquorice is mainly sugar with liquorice flavour.

Just one - liquorice. It’s surprising how unpopular it is. I did eat allsorts as a child but I liked the coconut ones best. It’s just not very appealing otherwise.

I’ve eaten l’escargot in France, Paris probably or maybe the South of France, when interrailing in my late teens/early twenties. They were delicious. lots of garlic and butter. It’s not something I would go out of my way to order now but I wouldn’t rule them out.

1 Like

11 of those are yuck. :nauseated_face:

Very true Bruce.

liquorice stick can be bought from a herbalist…
i scored zero, because i have been hungry, and would/will eat anything,
i too dont recognise grits, but it seems popular in the southern states, so yes get it on my plate, now there are things i havent eaten, but i’m sure i could handle, i was very disappointed with jellied eels, and i would never buy them but would i eat them?.. of course i would.

It simply had to be done :+1:

well done!

& I like the mat, whatever it is

1 Like

It’s just a roundel mouse mat from Amazon. It provides a bit of contrast when taking snapshots, but yeah I like it too!

2 Likes