Picky Eater Test

What’s your score?
What don’t you enjoy eating?

1 Like

I have 13 items I either wouldn’t eat or wouldn’t enjoy eating for various reasons, most of them because they are said to be too polluted or because they don’t agree with me. What I would probably not get down are grits and snails. OTOH, never say never. It depends on the situation and the necessity. Today, choosing what we eat is not being picky and is not something negative anymore. In contrast to our parents and grandparents who were expected to eat what was on the table out of necessity, we can afford to eat what we like. Nobody benefits if we force ourselves to eat everything.

1 Like

Just two …

1 Like

Seven which I don’t think is too bad.

I’d eat all that, except I don’t know what Grits is.

I can live without Snails. I shared a plate of tiny ones once with Mrs d00d in a Portuguese bar in the country, next to a meadow where they find them. But once is enough.

Two for me, liver and liquorice!

There’s no way I’d risk raw oysters given all the filth and sewage that’s being pumped into our waters.
We passed some booths on the seafront in Brighton recently selling them for a pound each. I’ve never tried them but I’m going to pass.

1 Like

Only two out of the entire list I wouldn’t care to eat again…oysters and eggplant.
Both for the same reason, they are too slimy to enjoy.

Just one - liquorice. I like aniseed (fennel, tarragon) as much as anyone but liquorice has no place on this earth. Ever, in anything.
But mostly I object to the American words - zucchini (nope, courgette), eggplant (nope), beets (wtaf?). Why do we so often accept this pish? And shrimp? Do they mean langoustine or prawns or brown shrimps? And canned tuna? Why not just ‘tuna’? They don’t do the same for sardines. I really do not like these American lists. Can you tell?
And while I’m ranting (why not?) this list has missed so many contentious foods (that I like). Kidneys. Strong blue cheese. Goats cheese. Calves sweet breads. Anchovies (had a anchovy pizza earlier this week - using oil preserved white anchovies rather than the brown tinned ones - fantastic, with loads of capers and black olives). Do I mention fois gras?

posted by a Brazilian … where they speak American English. Think global Stratmore.

I’m not a fussy eater .
However 17 items on the list I wouldn’t eat .
Mostly fish & meat, also snails, oysters ,pickles, sprout, licorice, grits & blue cheese .

I know what you mean Chilliboot. There are certain things on that list that are delish when farmed right. But often they are not.

2 Likes

Why, thank you kind sir!
First and last time I’ll post a thread…

2 Likes

About four, Oysters, snails, what’s ‘Jello?’ perhaps eggplant if it’s slimy, and grits?

Why not Gaia? Was a good topic, you’ve got potential…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes,interesting fun thread.Take no notice of Mr Grumpy.
I’m learning to be a vegetarian so wouldn’t eat a lot of it except sprouts of course.

Aw, don’t get sore, please start more threads, this was a good ‘un :two_hearts:

1 Like

I was surprised to find my score was only eight (basically all the vegetables except peas) and I have no idea what grits are but didn’t count them.

Don’t let them get to you, they’re British, xenophobia is hard wired, you just have to ignore it, feel sorry for the poor things, they can’t help it.

2 Likes

English if you don’t mind :wink: I’ve been wondering about grits for decades they feature in the old song Sloop John B, check out the lyrics.

It would seem that grits are a kind of corn porridge, the poor cook probably did the right thing, fits or not . My score has now gone up to eight :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m surprised so many people dislike liquorice… I love it.

Only three things on the list I wouldnt eat…snails hotdogs and oysters

3 Likes