Photoshop to make 1 into 2

Never actually tried this before. I managed to reverse the original photo then add it to the original. Also lined them up via 3 dots in Adobe Elements program . So now the same otter is facing itself. You opinion on my little effort if you would please

5 Likes

Looks like two otters to me.

that was the idea. The problem I had in Adobe Elements 2020 was to find the right photomerge program as there are several to choose from.
So first of all I had to crop to the nose and also resize . Then reverse the original so it faced the other way. Doing those two things were relatively easy. In one of the photomerge programs it showed one had to line up 3 dots the program showed on the original and then place them in the same place on the reverse photo. This then allowed the lineup to be correct. each dot was numbered so the same dot number on the other.
I did try to cut the profile and move over but that didn’t work.
Ok now the photo showed the face to face but the surround on the reverse didn’t look right so had to blend in to the original. Didn’t get it dead right but what the heck my first attempt.

this Adobe Elements 2020 editing suit allows so much more I have not even looked at yet

1 Like

@realspeed , Bloody hell, l’ve got so much to learn RS !!
You’ve done a great job imo !!
Donkey man! :+1::+1:

thanks for the replies.

Donkeyman
I am still learning to be truthful . In my opinion taking a photo anyone can do and some better than others.
I feel the real skill is in the editing process which can make a not so good photo into a masterpiece. I know many are anti editing and that is their choice of course but missing out so much.
I often have not that much else to do in and evening and TV is crap now so editing can take up quite a bit of spare time.

with AdobeElements it is a cut down version of Photoshop for me is easier to use. Not only that but it gives access to online tutorials on how to as well

link
https://helpx.adobe.com/support/photoshop-elements.html

in that link tell how to download a free trial version

@realspeed , Well l posted my first photo’s on the forum this weekend and
I also dabbled a bit with editing too without much success, and l can see the
potential of editing ?? I have never done any of this before this weekend
and am getting to enjoy it a bit now !!
BTW Thanks for the link, will see if it makes sense tomorrow :grin::grin:
Donkey man! :+1::+1:

1 Like

there is quick -guided (as shown above) and expert.

Expert gives more options

So as you can see a lot of options from very easy to actually not that hard in expert

for Donkeyman

one example that adobe elements can do

1 Like

Good job @realspeed with just a few minor “tells” if you really look for them, but it doesn’t take long to get used to using Elements in my experience so that you will be pretty near flawless before long.
:023:
At one time I used Photoshop Elements quite a bit and I own a copy of Elements 7, but not recently and in fact I haven’t even installed it on my new lappy.
Kudos to you because as you said it’s a powerful programme with lots of features.

There are a few free programs which do this “mirror” imaging too, just in case some programs are outwith a persons budget.

Nice results though RS :+1:

My opinion is ‘WOW’ :grinning:
But sadly I have gotten to an age where a mirror image is best avoided :upside_down_face:

That’s good!
I use AdobeElements for various tasks too but mostly cut and paste and brightness/contrast. I also like black and white for portraits. Just a hobby

1 Like