Photography Woes

People have no idea about photography. This project I’m working on wanted good outside shots of this building.

This building is ugly and only slightly interesting. So I resort to trickery.

Now it’s interesting and not so boring. Works every time. Well almost.

3 Likes

Never tried doing long exposure. Photography

1 Like

The other building was interesting but it was surrounded by trees and buildings that blocked the light.
So again a little trickery.
From this

To this

Little HDR never hurts.

3 Likes

@realspeed I never did wedding photography, because I couldn’t stand the stress. You’ve got to please the Bride, the Groom, all their family members, and their friends. And their getting drunk. Nope 1 wedding was enough for me never go down that path again.

I don’t say I would not do a wedding shoot but one the understanding there would be no fantastic out of this world photos. Did one for my son due to certain reasons I won’t go into. Only to say it weren’t easy. Apart from the pictures there is far too much work around it. For example spending time with the couple so they are relaxed Infront of the camera, the legal implications, contracts, editing let along previewing the shoot location. the time possibly from morning to a late night reception. No wedding shoots not for me

1 Like

and a straighten perhaps!

2 Likes

Good catch and thanks was so tired when I finished last night I never noticed. My last volunteer gig anyway. I know that they may be under time constraints, I, however, am not. I had to back them off a bit nicely. I sent them over 100 photos out of the 300 I took the 1st day. She thought oh that was quick. I said the shoot was quick editing these took all night. People don’t get it they think photography is done like a selfie. One quick snap and you’re done. :anger: :anger: :anger:

Whoa! Chalk and Cheese!

Did you do a night pic then?

1 Like

That’s really great!

1 Like

Hey DooD!

You’re sharp!
I saw that but I thought that was the effect @Danny was going for :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not of that building. They have a calf high fence around it. I asked if I could step over it at night to get some shots and you would have though I had ask to steal something. They were adamant in the fact. It’s ok though I went by there at night and the lighting is horrible.

1 Like

Self sabotage at its worst!

:thinking:

Or perhaps it’s time to get rid of the facial hair!

1 Like

You don’t like my goatee. :hot_face: :hot_face:

Oh, I do!

I was referring to those museum ladies who may have profiled you based on a stereotype perhaps :thinking:

Ok, I’m quitting now whilst I’m still ahead…

1 Like

Just kidding. I think they just didn’t want me getting arrested. Although now that you mention it I do look bit dubious. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Nonsense Danny!

1 Like