Photo madness

Ok OK I know I am bats but is is fun. Had this crazy idea just now of making the same video at the same time using camcorder and my small compact camera.
So this is the setup

I fixed the compact on to the handle od the camcorder That was the very easy part. The editing was a nighmare never having to attempt to show both videos in one. if you only knew the attempts and failures several times until I learn’t how to do it

so what was all that effort like and can you tell which took what. I was happy what my madness produced

That’s clever, good fun

I’d guess the left hand one is the camcorder, crisper and better colour saturation?

thank you from you reply and yes it was fun. as I said fhe editing was a nightmare trying to work out how to do it.

The left hand one was actually the small compact . What is wrong with it is the colours are over saturated and the panning stutters more. Admittedly seen as an individual video this could be missed easily. I did try and get both on the same menu settings as close as possible for a fair comparison but that may account for colour difference but not the stuttering when panning around.

Understandable why you went for the left hand video and how a video or stills shot can mislead. I have always maintaned that unless being there at the time it is impossible to say what is correct and what is not.
However a £350 compact against a £1500 pro camcorder did well considering. so why then have a pro camcorder? good question and it is all down to what it can do a compact can’t . Such as dual SD card slots- built in ND filters choice of types of zoom - extrnl microphone - direct to live broadcast without any extra gear etc etc the list is endless

1 Like

That looks like great fun! I thought at first that the camcorder was the left hand one, but then I watched the videos a few more times, and realised that the right hand video seemed much better at adjusting to different lighting conditions as it panned round, so I figured that was, after all, the camcorder. Pleased to see I was right, though I’m not sure that my reasoning and logic were correct!