Pfizer expects $54 billion in 2022 sales on Covid vaccine and treatment pill

In its quarterly report, Pfizer reported that it is projecting $54 billion in revenue in 2022 from the covid vaccine and treatment pills.

The CEO also mentioned that the supply of the covid antivirals would be more widely distributed in the coming months.

On the announcement, the stock dropped slightly. I’m guessing that the projection was already baked into the stock price and Fauci’s announcement of covid pandemic phase nearing an end might have played a part as well. The non-covid items at Pfizer did worse than expected.

Did you know that the UK pays the highest price for the vaccine than any other country and that the contract with Pfizer is secret?
There are suggestions that the delay experienced by the Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine after a dubious to say the least safety concern in the US was to allow Pfizer to catch up.
Covid has/is a nice earner for Pfizer and its shareholders.

1 Like

August 13, 2021

The British government is reportedly set to announce the $1.4 billion deal this week, a per dose price of $40.

The UK has grown increasingly concerned about its vaccine supply since the EU secured an additional 900 million Pfizer/BioNTech doses over the next two years.

That’ll be BJ - spending other people’s money again … :roll_eyes:

Stock is also dropping because safety data is revealing all sorts of things.

One is that 13% of vaccinated pregnant women end in still births (one claim) - I can’t verify it, but it comes from a reliable source

Have your usual sources become unavailable. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not at all.

Keep on topic

You are turning into a proper little bossy boots. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Time for your meds Harbal your doing nutty things again

Come back later when you’re in control of yourself.

Even if that were true, I don’t think Pfizer was recommending it to pregnant women. Their study for pregnant women got delayed due to lack of enrollment, and their original study didn’t include them.

The groups recommending vaccines to pregnant women were from the government, not the company. And the government groups didn’t initially recommend them for every pregnant woman, only those who had consulted with their physician.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizer-study-of-covid-19-vaccine-in-pregnant-women-delayed-by-slow-enrollment-11632310283

Drat, destroyed by one of Bread’s devastating put downs yet again. Will I never learn? :grimacing:

They were recommended in the UK.

But it comes from a reliable source. :102:

Yes, but not by Pfizer. That’s on the government if they choose to recommend them. Pfizer’s stock wouldn’t be affected by the government’s decision.

Yep, Thalidomide went the same way - it was GP’s over prescribing it rather than the safety of the drug.

From the FDA web site …

More worrying is the UK regulator

1 Like