Petrol Panic Buying Has Started Again

A local Asda petrol station has just run out fuel.
So off we go again…

Have any of your local petrol stations run out of fuel yet?

1 Like

Don’t think so. But I haven’t needed to fill up yet so guess I’ll find out :grinning:

1 Like

As yet no panic buying here. I filled up last night and no queue . That’s not to say it won’t start this weekend.

1 Like

I expected this so filled up on Thursday evening. Prices on some forecourts were already going up but Asda was still the (new) normal price as in the last few months. No queues. I’m also stocking up on essentials slowly because either way through the war or just the general increase in fuel they will go up in price sharply in not too long. So buying things like coffee beans, tea, that sort of thing. Anything imported could shoot up but if it doesn’t it won’t go off and is handy to have.

I’ve noticed more shortages in the shops recently. Strangely no sunflower hearts for birds anywhere. Really annoying as the small wildbirds here are fussy and don’t like mixed seeds! The Goldfinches use the feeder like a drive through takeway so won’t be happy when their favourite food is no longer available. Time to stock up on sunflower seeds? :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

My daughter came from Asda last night & said exactly the same thing.

The idiots are at it again.

I’ve also noticed shortages even some crisp snacks like pom bears and Teddy faces.