Petition to Hit Pensioners

Pinched this from another place, it made my blood boil so I thought I’d see what you felt. Seems (some) of the younger generations (the ones) who are responsible for this, are not happy with us getting the pensions we all paid in to and worked for. They want us to be left to starve.

Just soooh ridiculous on so many levels.

There will always be a tiny number of emotionally, intellectually, ethically and imaginatively, er, “challenged” people who have weird and delusional thoughts like that. Most of them sober up in the morning, but sadly some don’t.

I don’t think its fair @Rox for your opening comment to extrapolate from the tiny number of imbeciles who cast their pro vote, to the general concept that all younger generations hold the same view.

As I said elsewhere … it’s diabolically asinine.

1 Like

I had to Google that word yesterday :wink:

Asinine!! I would give this poop. Asin-TEN.

assassination

I think these sort of attacks will increase over time as fewer “workers” have to support more pensioners.

Thank gawd for forward thinkers like Paul Keating that made superannuation compulsory, that should reduce reliance on (means tested) state pensions over time.

2 Likes

We have paid into our state pension fund for about 60 years if in full employment, so it is our money we get back with the interest added not the money from those younger people at work. At the age of 15 I had to start paying into what was then called"Graduated Pension". If the state pension was done away with and we had to pay into a private pension scheme we would get back far more weekly and the younger generation would have nothing to complain about. Of course this will never happen because which ever party is in power uses our pension money for fantastic freebies including expensive trips overseas which are not necessary

morfr

1 Like

You can`t educate the stupid.

2 Likes

You started working at five years old? What were you, a chimney sweep?

1 Like

They don’t sound very bright! Don’t they have grandparents that are struggling to live and don’t they realise they are going to be ‘Pensioners’ themselves, one day?

4 Likes

Huxley’s Brave New World along with the related stories/films such as Logan’s Run etc, has passed them all by.

It’s nearly some kind of satanic ritual…give unto the god of money the bodies of the weak and infirm.

As I’m not that far off from receiving my state pension….not on your nelly

Indeed, you don’t think like that when young. I do not think they will cope at all with ageing.

You’d have thought the kids of today would be please to give something back, to show some gratitude to their superiors.

It sounds like a wind-up!
Any numpty can post up a Petition and lots of them wither on the vine.

I looked on the Parliament Petition website and saw the petition to reduce pensions to £125 pw had only 10 signatures. - so not the whole of the younger generation! :wink:

I also saw there is an open petition asking the Government to reduce Pension age to 60 for everyone and increase weekly pension to £380 per week - and it had over 107,952 signatures! :joy:

Can’t see the Government taking either of these petitions seriously! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lead me to it … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Down south, it is mostly private pensions.

There is a state pension for those who did not contribute to private pensions so, it’s not compulsory for everyone but, it’s such a pittance. It starts at age 60.

Retirement age varies for different companies some are 60, 63 or 65. You can early retire at age 55 for private pensions.

My company retirement age is 63. I still have 14 years to retirement. My company does offer ‘consulting’ contracts though.

Think I might start a petition suggesting that since anyone under the age of 40 is immature, feckless and wasteful, they ought to be paid £125 per week, and the rest of the earnings should be given to us adults.