Pet Owner Receives Mixed Reactions After Revealing Why She Dyes Her Dogs Fur Bright Red

Where as it doesn’t bother me, as long as the animals aren’t harmed in the process, each to their own I guess…hence the reactions she got…some for some against.

1 Like

I’m sure they do Pauline, but it doesn’t make it any more palatable to me.

1 Like

No, don’t like it, lots of reasons.

No research has been done into the long term effects of these “safe” dyes and anyway it’s possible to have an allergy to vegan products but she was prepared to chance it

She’s made a naturally beautiful animal look like a freak

It must be tedious and boring for him to have to sit and have that done, even if she claims he likes it

It will make his fur smell different which might prompt a reaction from other dogs

He will get a lot more attention from strangers, pointing, laughing, petting. Maybe he enjoys it, but constantly? And it’s encouraging owners of shyer dogs to do the same

It’s treating him like a thing and a possession rather than a living creature, and possibly exploiting him for cash

Obviously it’s her dog and she can do what she wants as long as it doesn’t involve cruelty or harm but I still don’t like it

Interesting point, dogs can’t see the colour red so at least his mates won’t be laughing at him

4 Likes

Yes I agree about the smelling different, Maree…and also about encouraging others to try the same with their dogs. You know what these Tik Tok crazes are like.

I think she mentioned he gets a lot of attention, and enjoys it…(or maybe its her who craves the attention really). I’d hate for him to be in a grumpy mood one hot summers day and snap at some little kid who came to see him :frowning:

1 Like

Her choice I suppose. But I can’t imagine Max without his very smart Tux!

3 Likes

Exactly! Dogs are beautiful in their own right! Max looks adorable, Besoeker…:hugs:

I didn’t know that, Maree. Cat’s can.

1 Like

What a beautiful, intelligent looking dog and such lovely colouring too.

Why anyone would want to disguise the natural colour of a dog is beyond me.

Did she say she didn’t do an allergy test?..a simple patch test is all that is needed?

To make sure the dog wasn’t allergic to the dye.

Pauline I don’t like it one little bit, but a patch test would have to be done ever time…The whole thought of doing such a thing to an animal is not acceptable to me…
We can choose whether to dye our hair or even shave it all off, if thats what we wish…
Animals need respect.

1 Like

A patch test would have to be done every time his hair was dyed,can’t see a problem with that as long as there was no allergic reaction.

You’ve just voiced your own opinion, …as I voiced mine…it doesn’t bother me as long as the animal doesn’t suffer…that is my opinion as yours is yours.

What about those who dress their dogs up and make them look stupid, each to their own I say…if she wants to cash in on it, no problem…her business.

Excellent post Maree.
She is making a laughing stock out of an innocent animal who has no say in it.

I would also like to know if the ’ safe’ product she professes to use, was intended for repeated use, or whether it was just designed to be a one-off.

I also wonder how safe it is to continually be ingested as he licks his fur.

Stupid, selfish, self-indulgent owner I say. She should make herself look a prat if she wants publicity, not the dog.

3 Likes

I don’t think they can, Silver Tabby? Like dogs, they don’t have receptors for red?

https://www.wired.com/2013/10/cats-eye-view/amp

To do this to an animal shows a remarkable lack of empathy and to use the excuse it does no harm opens up a whole can of worms. Are we saying that every and anything is OK if it does not cause harm?
This is sick act, this woman is sick and to be honest anyone who thinks it is OK to treat an animal this way is no better.

3 Likes

You’d be surprised at the amount of owners that do this to their dogs and cats.here are a few.

The dogs looked extremely happy running around,:heartpulse:

Another totally nonsense statement.
People that do this to animals not doing it because it is what the animal wants but because of their own selfish and idiotic behaviour, loathsome people.

4 Likes

That’s your opinion, …I see it differently, I think they look cute, no harm or mental health problems caused to the dogs…:+1::+1:

My fav is the last picture, so cute, :heartpulse:

There’s a man round here who puts a (fake) lion mane on his retriever. It looks ridiculous, frankly but he thinks it makes the dog look really tough. :roll_eyes:

Pauline, that cat with the colourful spots on it…has it been shaved? The head and tail look a lot fluffier than its body! It could be a bad picture, but it looks shaved to me.

1 Like

I know what you mean, it’s like people dressing their dogs up, and sitting them up at a chair with a knife and fork in front of them, making the animal look stupid, but it doesn’t bother me, each to their own.

I think that cat had been shaved, Its not something that I would do, also I read up about the dye and what it can do to the dogs/ cats…some are safe some are toxic…apparently it was a big thing in China at one time, dying animals to look like zebras and lions…I guess these owners are a bit eccentric/ excessive,/ over the top,/ barmy, who knows, …each to their own…:grinning:…those dogs were darn happy and spoilt pampered pets,:heartpulse:…they looked so cute!!..I loved watching them getting so much attention from the general public, the dogs lapped it up!!:heartpulse:…I also don’t see anything sick about owners doing that!.

Absolutely agree with you Mr. Fraggle.

I would like to see how people reacted if someone did that to a human child?
Would the media then think it was cute, and harmless, when everybody pointed at the kid and laughed, made fun, and took their photo to splash over social media?

Would it be reported to the authorities if this self-indulgent nutter dyed their child’s hair bright orange or green, then dyed their skin with spots and stripes, to make them look like another species like a Chimpanzee or a Poodle?

Why is considered acceptable to do that to anything else who has no say in it, just for their own amusement and publicity?

I kinow this used to go on in certain big grooming competitions, but that doesn’t make it right.

3 Likes