Personalised number plates

Yes, it was an expensive car and reckoned to have been stolen to order. It was one of the types of cars with models that have ‘keyless ignition’ and we all mostly know how that is bypassed. It didn’t have a tracker fitted, unfortunately. These are just the kinds of cars that have personalised number plates though. The car was never recovered. :frowning:

why put “baby on board” in the back window of a car? who driving behind cares if they have a baby on not, Nothing special, all families have a baby at some time or other.

Realspeed, my understanding is that the original thinking behind the “baby on board” sticker was to alert the emergency services of the fact in the case of an accident/fire, etc.

Yes Floydy like a lot of his generation it’s on the plastic but he does have collateral in his house and as he said if things turn upside down he can always sell it . He works hard has no wife or kids and loves cars

Well there’s nothing wrong with that if he’s earned it and he’s sensible enough to pay the instalments.
Hopefully he knows how to drive a car like that sensibly also. Too many people think they are the world’s best drivers when in fact they are the worst because they don’t stick to the rules.
Hope your son enjoys his car :cool:

Love the post.:lol::lol:
Back along my Daughter won a Vauxhall VX220 sports car. I had the same problem trying to get in & out of it.:lol:
That car is long gone, but she has her personal number plate on her van now. She has owned it for a long time & has had it on various cars, but she never put it on the VX.

A125 0LE. Makes the 1&2 look like an R. I did something similar to make a P until the cops pulled me over for it and made me change it. :frowning:

More of a boast about how fertile the parents are perhaps? It’s like the ones with ‘Grandchild’ on board, it’s all about the boasting, not for emergency services.

I had a personal plate H15 SFA which are my initials the reason so nobody new how old my car was

The down side was at our golf club there were three other cars all Jags with H15 then their initials so if we all parked next to each other we looked like a hire fleet

I couldn’t have personal plate with the SFA acronym:-).:wink:

Yes I know I hate the Scots too Scottish Football Association

I have a personalised plate…a 50th birthday present to myself and it went straight on to the car I bought from new 6 months later. As it looks like any normal plate, with the same set of letters and numbers, it doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb, but is completely personal to me. Why? Well, why not? It’s one thing I am very proud of and will retain for as long as I am driving.

I’ll leave Emjay or Carol to answer what sort of person they think I am.

Jazzi, We all spend our money in different ways and no one should feel bad for purchasing something they like. If it makes us happy, great!
You only come this way once.

I’ve met Jazzi. She’s down to earth & friendly & hasn’t got a grain of vanity in her body…

To add a bit more to the theory that personal number plates means ‘Look at me’ I totally disagree.

It’s no different to wearing designer clothes, sporting tattoos or dyeing ones hair a stupid colour.

If I saw a number plate with my name somehow incorporated in it I would probably put it on my Christmas request list just for the novelty of having it.

Haha. Good answer.
I have no idea cause I don’t have too much money. :lol:

Driving on the M3 back in the 1980s I was passed by a Rolls Royce with the reg No OBO110X

One of our clients. Had HRH 2

Yes Jazzi is OK. Fairly intelligent and can fly aeroplanes.

Thank you Art, Carol, and oh Emjay…I think! :lol: . OK? Lol.

I have a nephew who dresses in designer clothes and loves high end cars. I believe his sons share his sartorial tastes. It’s their money…if they can afford it, fine. With my ‘investment’ I have no need to add to it or spend more money, to enjoy, unless there comes a time I need a new car.

Why of why do some members think I’m having a personal dig at them about this subject? Is it because they are now able to see that having a personalised number plate with their name on is narcissistic and drawing attention to themselves (which it of course is)?
Or perhaps is it because on this forum there will always be the same people who are on the defensive about the slightest nudge to their egos?
Come on folks, it’s called conversation. That’s all. No harm meant! :confused:

Agreed … :023:

Frankly, I’ve never been one for buying and wearing clothes with the names of football clubs or pop groups on them but I wouldn’t take issue with those who do … :102: