Personalised number plates

I used to have 747 HJH on my Austin A35 Rustbucket … :cool:

POT 80

Belonged to a potato merchant in Dundee.

There’s a Lamborghini around here with the reg HE11 YEA

Trade plates then. Dobbers??

Well you are in the posh part of Yorkshire, Primus…:lol:

That’s acceptable. A pun on his trade :023:
Better than being called SPU 1D I guess!

I agree with Floydy on this one, people have personalised number plates so they can stand out against everyone else and i do agree with Floydy’s point that having one is all to do with ‘ME ME ME’ because come on, lets be honest here, when someone see’s a personalised number plate, they start conversations about how cool the plate looks, why get the plate, why chose that name and combination of numbers and letters to get that name, how much did it cost, why put it on that car and not something else, was it a gift/present, are you going to keep it’ and it goes on and on.

When such conversations take place, it makes the plate owner feel special because they are the ones who are now the centre of attention. It is no different when it comes to clothing, jewellery, shoes, clothing accessories, some people chose to wear what they wear because they want to stand out from the rest, to be noticed, to be talked about, to create conversations. That’s my view on it anyway.

As for car registrations, i see a number of them around where i work or when i am waiting at the bus stop near to work. The two that stand out the most are ST1 BEN and D0 0NE, one is on a red peugeot and the other is on a black BMW.

:023: Thank you Dodge.
BMW and Audi drivers almost certainly have to have a personalised number plate to reflect their character :lol:

(Cue Floydy now anticipating a huge surge of shouting and telling off from OFF members with BMW and Audis :018: ) :shock:

Eh? Why would I be jealous of a numberplate? That’s a ridiculous thing to say.

Not everyone who works damn hard feels the need to spend that hard earned money on something like a numberplate.

The personalised number plate on my van reflects my job as an electrician - no different from sign writing.

Ha :lol::lol:

That made me laugh Susan.

We were given a sporty BMW as a hire car recently and I had to roll out of that too. I couldn’t wait to give it back to be honest.

I have just bought a ‘DOG ON BOARD’ sticker for my rear screen but it’s more to explain why I am driving so slow. :-p

why put “baby on board” in the back window of a car? who driving behind cares if they have a baby on not, Nothing special, all families have a baby at some time or other.

Actually more dangerous having it as some drivers may have to get close behind to read it

My number plate has been on several cars I have owned in the past and to be honest I don’t give a **** what others think had it for too many years to worry about it. Think the DVLA released it around about 1984 for sale which is when I bought it

Oh boy, could I have fun making a sticker for your back window, Dongle.

http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/fun/m0127.gif

Actually, that would make a good new thread, if I could be bothered. :smiley:

Saw a range rover with the number plate Arsole but I dont remember the numbers and letters anyone help with this one ?

A*5 0LE can’t fathom out the letter R is as a number 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 or0 nearest is the letter 4 is my guess

Show plates really mess up legit plates and illegal on the road

Thanks realspeed . I was on a coach when it passed and clearly read it asking myself why anyone would like that on his or her car .

One downside of having a personalised number plate though, this is from local police following such a theft. Any professional car thief who steals a car with personalised number plates will, as soon as possible, even just round the corner, change those for other number plates with a regular number. It’s just too recognisable to drive it very far with personalised number plates, too many people may notice it and who’s driving. Once that is done it’s ‘unrecognisable’ as far as the number plate goes. It may then be on cloned false number plates but nobody would know that, it would not be picked up by ANPR cameras either.

A car stolen that has regular number plates may be picked up by ANPR cameras some time after the theft, by then though it could be miles and miles away. Or even without any chance of being picked up by ANPR, locked up in a garage or at the docks waiting to be shipped abroad.

chance of being picked up by ANPR, locked up in a garage or at the docks waiting to be shipped abroad.

If it’s going to be shipped abroad suggests it has been stolen to order, usually expensive or rare cars, and those sort of cars usually have trackers fitted

Yes, it was an expensive car and reckoned to have been stolen to order. It was one of the types of cars with models that have ‘keyless ignition’ and we all mostly know how that is bypassed. It didn’t have a tracker fitted, unfortunately. These are just the kinds of cars that have personalised number plates though. The car was never recovered. :frowning:

why put “baby on board” in the back window of a car? who driving behind cares if they have a baby on not, Nothing special, all families have a baby at some time or other.

Realspeed, my understanding is that the original thinking behind the “baby on board” sticker was to alert the emergency services of the fact in the case of an accident/fire, etc.