People with a touch device, do you swype type?

When I got my smartphone, I found out that there’s something called swype typing. Instead of typing each letter on the keyboard, you move your finger from one letter to another to type the word.

It’s fascinating to watch. The word will correct while typing because there are multiple possible words for some combinations of letters that are close enough together that the software is trying to decipher.

Do you swype?

1 Like

Not sure if I can do it on my iPad. Tried doesn’t seem to work. I just use a stylus to type each letter which works for me. :grinning:

2 Likes

I tried it once, and thought it was a pretty good feature, but to be honest I’d got so used to typing in the old fashioned way, that it was difficult to break the habit!

1 Like

Did a quick search in case you want to try it out.

1 Like

Yes I swype type

1 Like

No but i do now!

1 Like

Nice! i don’t always use it, but it’s fun just to watch it sometimes.

Well you learn something every day! Still playing with it it’s very clever😀

1 Like

Ooer … it all sounds a bit techie for me … I can handle a computer and have mastered an abacus and that will do me.

1 Like

Blimey I cant keep up with all these technology changes

What next I wonder

1 Like

The next step is when you can talk and it types for you.

1 Like

Oh that sounds daunting … hasn’t the Google Voice learnt to lip read yet so I can just mouth words at my computer screen.

1 Like

no, but if you think hard enough, it might come up with something you’re thinking. . . or not. :icon_wink:

1 Like

That’s interesting , what happens if I have too many wines and my tongue doesn’t work properly and I send a drunken speech text .

That could be funny

And would it include hiccups :grin:

1 Like

Haha! Give it a try. It probably looks the same as a written drunk post. . full of typos and weird words. :laughing:

Right. Let’s try this out on the iPad.
Nope. It just brings up all the other open tabs.

1 Like

Okay I have just found the microphone button so I thought I would give this a go.

Well, it seems to work. Woo hoo.

So those first two sentences were done entirely by voice. I did know about this feature but never bothered to use it, simply because I always felt silly talking to the device. Can’t do swipe though.

1 Like

Did you try the pinch technique to make the keyboard smaller before swyping?

Great that the voice works!

Tried it. Nope.

1 Like