Pedicure and foot massage

Well, I finally did it! After weeks of procrastinating, I finally went for a pedicure and got a lovely foot massage as well. My tootsies are much prettier than they were. And they looked awful… good thing I always wear socks and shoes but now I can show off my toes.

Wondering what others do for self care/treat??? Besides chocolate.

3 Likes

What do you mean “Besides chocolate”?

Are you claiming that there are things for self care that are not chocolate? :icon_wink:

Laughing here… ah, yes. Guess that’s the claim…but I could be wrong. :yum: :smiley:

1 Like

I need a chiropdist, a pedicure would not do it. My toe nails are horrible, several years ago I had 4 ingrowing toe nails, the chiropodist (NHS) that I went to said’, best thing is to have them removed’, so I agreed, worst thing that was to agree, they have grown back over the years like horses hoof, thick & almost impossible to cut. Surgeon who operated said they won’t grow back, he was wrong, they did… They are still ingrowing too.
NHS no longer do chiropody you have to go privately & for a few years I did, but then my chiropodist retired & have not been to another, thought I can cope, well yes I could, but getting older is making it hard to do, bending down, hands not as strong to use sissors etc. I really do need to find a chiropodist again.
Like you did, Summerdancing I never expose my feet to the air any more. Socks & shoes always.

Oh dear Val…that’s awful. and painful. I’m lucky, once a month or so, nurses run foot clinics at a community centre–it costs $58.00…but easily accessible and available–and that is less than my pedicure.

I hope you find one who is both affordable and wonderful.

1 Like

Try an Indian Head Massage……amazing!

OOOOH sounds loverly! think neck and shoulders would also be wonderful…

1 Like

I go regularly for pedicures. In fact i tried a new salon today. I have really good feet- no corns, bunions, etc just get hard skin on heels. If I use Flexitol every night on the heels they are really good but I often forget.

1 Like

I do have certain routines although my feet are beyond all redemption!!! :scream:

2 Likes

Self-care at its best.

Unrelated to your self-care face mask, your photo reminded me about the following article that I read:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/us/racist-origins-of-blackface/index.html

Completely unrelated!

You are so very lucky… my feet have developed issues over the years… I am still able to walk, dance etc. but have to be more careful about the length of time I’m on my feet–and the shoes I wear. No more heels for me, alas!

Oh good heavens…laughing here… you certainly don’t look happy.

1 Like

I think the face pack solidified and set my face in a grimace…I was laughing inwardly :wink:

I am not convinced that using a Sharpie on your face can be counted as a face pack. :wink:

1 Like

Ouch! :wink:

Might depend on the width of the sharpie?? :smiley:

1 Like

Think you better retire from bomb disposal whi;e you still can :smile:

2 Likes

Should I snip the red wire…or the blue wire? :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

Pedicures first time coming out 6 April cost £30, why do they put feet so far away.