Pedestrians versus Cyclists - Who's to Blame?

Yeah, or very clumsily and noisily changing gear! :wink:

1 Like

I believe people are more grateful than you think they are.
I cycle, but more often i am a pedestrian as i walk a lot to keep fit.
Our pavements are dual purpose with no specific markings for either cyclists or pedestrians, and sadly i rarely hear a bell as they wizz past me.

I am always grateful when the odd person (usually a young person) rings the bell to warn me.
You can imagine people don’t like it, but i think you’ll find they are grateful.

I’ve been a cyclist for many adult years and reckon I can judge most feelings or situations fairly well. Some grateful for the bell (I have a single ‘ding’ one) but some aren’t. I tend not to use it unless I have to.

A bit academic for me now anyway I suppose. I’m grounded for the foreseeable (health reasons).

I find the regular bells annoying, but some of the electronic ones would be preferable. There’s one with a clown horn sound that seems a bit more fun and might have more favourable reactions. There’s a cheer and clap sound effect on this link which would be great.

1 Like

Yes me too mart.
Also I find that some pedestrians look disgruntled , especially when a cyclist is on a pavement they shouldn’t actually be on!

I really don’t think so Annie, guaranteed to get the cyclist a red nose and I don’t mean in a jolly circus kind of way! :wink: :clown_face:

2 Likes

God forbid cyclists get “Horny” again

I think we have seen the end of the Bell!! :smile:

2 Likes

I almost bought one of those from ‘The Range’ Spitty, good for alerting all the potential Auriol Grey’s one might have the miss-fortune to meet while out cycling.
I don’t really have that problem though. I never cycle on footpaths, and I go out very early in the morning, and stick mainly to deserted country roads where the only pedestrians I might meet are disgruntled hedgehogs, the occasional rabbit, or squirrels that never made the crossing in the path of a careless driver… Oh! and I gave chase to a deer once, only to take the photo but he was too fast for me…
Didn’t know you were a cyclist Lincs? Good on yer… :+1: