Pedestrians versus Cyclists - Who's to Blame?

It hasn’t been confirmed that it was illegal for her to cycle on that path, it was
probably a shared pathway

And I think it’s ridiculous to talk about lack of respect

How much respect did Auriol Grey show the elderly cyclist when she charged towards her, arms flailing and swearing and caused her to fall in the road?

It’s not a shared pathway on that side of the road, possibly that’s why they have the old cycle markings on the road. There are however clearly marked shared pathways on the other side of the same road. That must create much confusion.

Spitfire there is so much to address in the video you provided,
There is no way i would be cycling at that speed on a busy road like this one - if anything happened for instance a child may run out between parked cars, a dog perhaps, then the cyclist wouldn’t have time to react.

The motorist was not blameless either, and i lost count how many times he used the F word, but by and large they both needed lessons on how to use a road safely.

Some people would have trouble communicating if they couldn’t use ‘F’ almost every other word.

Might make interesting listening to bleep out everything but the F word :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes that car driver does seem to be an absolute prat in his open top toy!