Pauline’s Home Cooked Food

Bring the Mrs,:joy:…Zaphod, my son should have eaten this last night, unfortunately road works prevented him from arriving, so he had to drive home…

I don’t usually eat this type of food, I ate it all, my stomach is so full up…I won’t be able to eat more today…

2 Likes

Mrs Zaphod loves sweet & sour too but please may I have her prawns?
:rofl:

I did HM ragu & meatballs with pasta on Wednesday and said just the same thing about all the prep & cooking for it to be gone in moments.
But it’s worth it, because nothing else tastes the same.
:yum:

2 Likes

I have just cooked these two quiches, from left overs…I will have one slice with a side salad and triple fried chips.

Brings back memories of my school days, where we had chips with salad.

3 Likes

There is something really nice about chips with a salad :yum:
Those quiches look sooo good @pauline3
Will you freeze one?

2 Likes

I’m so wicked,:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, I will cut them into slices and freeze them, Rhian,Just like the one in the picture.

1 Like

It all looks delicious Pauline x

1 Like

God love a woman who does triple fried chips - highly recommended but not heard of a lot these days I wonder why? oil shortage??

1 Like

Gumbud, since making these chips, recipe from Heston,:heartpulse:…I just can’t go back to ordinary chips, these are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside.:+1:

1 Like

Pauline please please don’t make a sad man crawl - it’s long way from Basingstoke!!

1 Like

I also love triple cooked homemade chips I got the recipe from my Dad

1 Like

Please tell me what’s so good about triple fried chips?

1 Like

My Dad made them in our case; he used to boil the chips then par cook and pop them in the fridge until the next day when we came home from school.

But mostly I just par cook tas normal these days I am sure my Dad was ahead of Heston as we were growing up in the 70’s

1 Like

Just to let anyone know, that’s if you’re interested, I ran out of the full amount of plain flour I needed, to make the quiche,so I weighed out half and half, half plain ,half self raising, to my surprise the pastry tasted much nicer, :smiley:

1 Like

@pauline3 - that is useful to know. Thank you.

1 Like

@Pauline my Mom used to do half and half on occasion. I need to start baking properly whats the saying all the gear but no idea.

1 Like

These look delicious!
I love Halloumi but usually have it grilled - do you use your own fresh breadcrumbs or buy pre-baked golden breadcrumbs for these?

I saw some halloumi fries like this with a sweet & sour dip in M&S last week and I thought it would be nice to try them but I hadn’t thought of making my own until I saw your post.

Do they need to be deep-fried or could they be shallow fried or oven-baked?

quote=“Boot, post:35, topic:84552, full:true”]

These look delicious!
I love Halloumi but usually have it grilled - do you use your own fresh breadcrumbs or buy pre-baked golden breadcrumbs for these?

I saw some halloumi fries like this with a sweet & sour dip in M&S last week and I thought it would be nice to try them but I hadn’t thought of making my own until I saw your post.

Do they need to be deep-fried or could they be shallow fried or oven-baked?
[/quote]

.Boot, if you go into YouTube, it shows you how to cook them,…

I usually make my own breadcrumbs, I think I made those with shop bought like this.

You can deep fry or shallow fry, if you shallow fry, just keep turning them over, …I cut the halloumi into strips, then I have 3 plates, cover in the flour first, then the egg wash then roll in the bread crumbs,I usually repeat the egg wash and breadcrumbs… …then into fryer, they only take a few minutes to cook, homemade sweet chilli sauce is much nicer than shop bought, again really easy to make ,Boot.hope that helps.

I spend a lot of time on YouTube tutorials…some fantastic cooks on there.

The sauce was shop bought in picture, I usually make my own.

1 Like

Thanks @pauline3 - I may have a go at making some. :+1:

1 Like

Lamb casserole, cooked very slowly in the oven, for around 3 hours.

Melt in the mouth, lamb…which will be accompanied with broccoli and cabbage,:heartpulse:

1 Like