Parking fine

I received a parking fine this morning for staying in Morrisons car park 2 hrs & 13 mins.

It comes from ‘Euro car parks’

Who are these people & do I have to pay them?

Here’s some advice specifically about Morrisons car park charges

PS Just to be aware - The article contains Adverts to encourage you to try the JustAsk online solicitors advice service for a trial£5 fee - I would just ignore those Ads and scroll past them to read the rest of the article - clicking on the Ad to “Get Started” will open another page to the JustAsk website, which I wouldn’t do.

2 Likes

Thank you Boot.

That’s tough Carol, but I would have thought that producing your receipt would cancel the fine…

I haven’t got the receipt - but I didn’t buy much anyway, only some potatoes & other veg. I used their car park to have a walk round the town…

1 Like

Carol, log onto the money saving expert site, there’s a motoring section on there with a sub section especially dealing with all things parking, they may be able to help and advise you on whether you can avoid paying…

1 Like

That might make it a little awkward Carol…
:thinking:

2 Likes

It is not a fine.

My advice is, do not pay, do not ignore, do not reveal the driver’s identity.

Plan A is always a complaint from the registered keeper to the landowner/store manager/CEO and the keeper’s MP.
Point out to Morrison’s that other supermarkets are available, and include copies of previous receipts a copy of the PCN or the PCN number (never hand over the original) or the keeper’s loyalty card.
Don’t tell anyone that the driver may have left site. What an occupant of the car did is irrelevant. It’s the keeper who received the speculative invoice and it is they who are the aggrieved party.

If that fails, then appeal to ECP but without revealing the driver’s identity. Do visit the moneysaving expert parking forum and if you need to appeal, use the one in blue text that you will find in the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES. It’s one of half a dozen threads that are always “stuck” to the top of the main parking forum page.
I am a regular poster there under the same username as here.

Luckily, ECP are fairly benign and don’t normally do court, but like anyone else, they have six years to issue a claim if they change their minds.

Not if the original planning permission granted for the site permitted motorists to park and make use of other nearby businesses to help the local economy.

1 Like

I wouldn’t touch that site with a bargepole. They state several things that are not true, so I wouldn’t trust their appeal template to be any better.

1 Like

Oh, right. Thanks for pointing that out.
Which bits aren’t true?

@carol - you had best ignore the link I posted.

They are not fines, and there is no legal requirement for an unregulated private parking company to provide a grace period.
I also wouldn’t want to give them my personal details just to obtain a template appeal that can be viewed and copied elsewhere without providing personal data up front.

The best places for advice on council or police motoring tickets is pepipoo dot com, and for parking charge notices from private parking companies it’s the moneysavingexpert, parking forum (not the “official” MSE parking page, which could cost you money if you follow their terrible advice).

Oh right. I would never download a template either - and certainly wouldn’t give any personal details - it was just the basic info on the page I read - I didn’t realise the info they gave was incorrect.
Perhaps I misread the article but I thought they made it clear these were parking charges and were different to parking fines.

I must admit, I have never had a parking charge in a private car park.
My local Tesco has a time limit of 2 hours and you are allowed to leave your car there while you go into town (a planning condition when the supermarket was built) There is lots of clear notices around the car park making it clear what the maximum time limit is.
I always note the time I park and set a timer on my phone to give me plenty of time to get back to the car before the time limit expires.

1 Like

Many stores have a time limit on free parking …
If you have outstayed your welcome yes you should pay to avoid the threat of the fine increasing or worse court action!

Motorists are such easy targets.
Fight it carol.

2 Likes