Painted lady butterfly

2 Likes

Beautiful, R S. Up here, our buddlaeia is just beginning to flower and my wee granddaughter’s Butterfly Garden inhabitants are almost ready to take advantage of it.

So pretty. I have hardly seem any butterflies yet this year…despite lots of flowers being about :frowning:

Stunning :slight_smile:

Lovely video, RS. Haven’t seen one here yet this year.
They have such weird faces close up.

We have lots here and have taken close shots but still trying to figure why they go blurred…Yours are really beautifully filmed…

Beautiful, realspeed.

there could be several reasons if i may say

First of all camera. You really need a proper camera not a camera phone

Next is Shutter speed for still photos the faster the better I normally go to 1/8000 sec

then camera shake a common problem you best to use a tripod with a remote shutter release

also distance the further away the better and enlarge and possibly sharpen in post processing

A long lens can help so as not to disturb

and most important the butterfly is stationary.

recently with the new camcorder I am grabbing a frame from a video and posting that

doing it that way it can get silly

https://i.imgur.com/NwDpyMq.jpg

Not necessarily true. Some phones these days take better shots than a lot of cameras but the difficulty is keeping it still.

i don’t have and know nothing about camera phones but I doubt if they could produce a close up shot similar to the one above I posted.
I have yet to see me proved wrong