Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Wow Rox that looks awful. Usual day here wet windy and sun now and again.housework for me today then stuff to collect from M & S and going to Harry Corry to look for curtains.
Hope you are ok after your jags Jess.

Rox the weather forecast said it was going to be very wet in Scotland, but they suggested it may clear in a couple of days. Cook a nice dinner and curl up by the fire & I will keep my fingers crossed that it doesnā€™t get too windy!
I hope you have a strong raincoat in case you have to go and tend to the horses!

Good afternoon, weather is the same here heavy showers and windy, Iā€™m fine thanks Jean after the jags, one arm is a bit sore but I was expecting that. Met up with some of the Social group for lunch today, we tried a different restaurant and it was really good. Heating is on and Iā€™m sat here with my feet up.

Morning, Lot better today, dry and the suns trying, but very cold. Just had my cold swim wish they hadnā€™t dropped the pool and jacuzzi temp, itā€™s not nice at all. I used to look forward to my swim but now I dread getting into the pool. :cold_face: :cry: :cold_face: :sob:
Just heading away out with the Hairy One and then over to Wick for my big shop.
Have a nice day.

Good morning Rox & All,a fine dry sunny one here so far,
Have started My exercises again so feeling more like Myself after a good jig around to some rock n roll on Gold Radio, :dancer:
Have a good One Folks.x

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Iā€™m really hacked off. The The Leisure Centre has dropped the temperature in the pool and the jacuzzi even further today. It was bloody freezing and I only managed 20 lengths before I had to get out of the water, my hands were actually blue tinged.
I have bad circulation and a wee bit arthritis in my hands, I was really sore when I got out of the pool, the jacuzzi wasnā€™t much better just lukewarm. I complained about it on my way out but was given the usual excuse of we need to save money on the heating. I think I may have to give up my membership as I simply canā€™t handle that much cold. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Looks like Theyā€™re between a rock & a hard place Rox keeping heating bills down,but still expecting Members to put up with the coldā€¦and itā€™s not even Winter yet!

I think thereā€™s going to be a mass exodus if they donā€™t turn it back up. Folk were not happy.

I can see the same thing happening in Cinemas,pubs.restaurants etc,
Thereā€™s no way will I eat in a cold restaurant with My coat/hat/& gloves on
:roll_eyes: :grin:

Good afternoon sunny but cold here today. Rox I guess thatā€™s just the start of things to come. May I can just picture sitting eating with your coat, hat and gloves on. :laughing: :laughing:. Went to the Charity shop today with more stuff and tidied up my wardrobe.

Maybe I should buy one of those Muslim swimming costumes, one with hand and feet covers too. :eyes:IMG_20221018_173640

Evening Rox, May and all who follow.Went to East Kilbride today. Chose EK because the weather has been so bad and it is all covered in. So naturally it was a lovely sunny day. Went to Wetherspoons for lunch then a swatch round the shops that are left.

Good Afternoon Each,a fine dry one here and just back from a walk to Scotmid where Iā€™ll be doing most of My shopping from now on after queuing for a half hour last week in the large Tesco in the next Town,there were queues in every aisle because Theyā€™ve decided to get rid of
manned checkouts to add more self service ones which I refuse to useā€¦soā€¦They can go and get stuffed,Iā€™ll shop locally in the Co-op & Scotmid from now on.

Hi May, I know what you mean about the self service tills, I worked with them for years and taught staff how to use these scan tills. I can work them no bother but donā€™t want to.
People will go where they get service and are able to talk to a staff member. Itā€™s the same if you want to phone a company about something, they make it so hard and try to force you online. Iā€™m sick if it. :sob:
Cold here today but dry, still cold water at the pool, put me in a mood. Will try and get in touch with the head office and roar at them as itā€™s their decision to freeze us. Will tell them Iā€™m talking to the Newspapers as well, freezing poor pensioners ect ect, we are paying for an enjoyable swim ect not a bloody cold water shock treatment. Grrr Grrr.

Afternoon all. Dreich day here again. Going up the Clyde side for a Christmas night at Rosebank garden centre. Bit early for Christmas but looking forward to seeing all the sparkly decorations and lights. 10% off tonight but donā€™t think I will be buying anything just a look round and a wee coffee and cake. Think it will cheer me up.

Good afternoon ladies. Met my niece Claire today for coffee, its been a few weeks since I seen her. Went to M&S for some shopping and then got the train home. Really windy out there glad to get home and get a heat.

Good morning. Wet and windy here at the moment, nothing much planned for today except some housework. Out later this evening with the Social group to the theatre, its a play written by a local buy so looking forward to seeing it.

Morning Jess and all on here.
Only a bought a wee Christmas fairy for my Granddaughter at the Christmas shopping night. Did have a lovely steak pie dinner and there was a good brass band playing carols and Christmas songs.
Going to the post office with a parcel. Waiting for a break in the rain.

Afternoon, What a miserable dayā€¦ Itā€™s been raining since last night and the grounds all soggy now :cloud_with_rain::umbrella: Not going out this afternoon, caught up with the jobs and now itā€™s a snooze in front of the fire for me.:fire:
Enjoy your day.