Over 100,000 homes in Scotland have nobody living in them - with some lying empty for decades

• Given this is the Daily Record, I feel certain the numbers are skewed towards the dramatic. However, calling on the local authorities to buy empty houses is ridiculous, in my opinion.

And where will the money come from to buy and refurbish these empty properties from? Taxpayers? How about NO.

1 Like

Boris the Barmy could house his illegal immigrants there - save the cost of flying them somewhere else! They could repay his kindness by ‘doing up’ the houses.

2 Likes

Our last census revealed 1 million empty houses, some would have been holiday homes of course but according to figures from the 2021 census, one million Australian homes — 10 per cent of the housing stock — were unoccupied on census night last August.

1 Like

Eactly…where’s the money going to come from for doing up the houses, and/or selling them? Plus the fact, who are they going to house and at what cost? From what I know of Scotland, many of these houses are likely in the back of beyond, with no access to public transport/local amenities, and the roads are shocking.

1 Like

Yes, everyone likes to judge and wag the finger, but nobody actually comes up with a financial solution that helps everyone. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

he who pays the piper calls the tune?