Our Official Slimming Club Thread - open to everyone

Slimming Club

There is already an OFF Slimming Club Forum on here which I am on, but of late nobody is writing on there except me and its no good talking to myself.

So why don’t you folks who wants to lose some weight join the forum and put your ideas on there, save me talking to myself.

I am very interested in listening to other peoples ideas on food and diet.

Looking forward to you being on the forum and sharing your ideas with us all.

I need to lose half a stone as my 12 stone has urr risen. But for me I know I can lose that weight by more exercise and cutting down on what I eat. Big tip drink loads of water which fills you up.

Or just eat good wholesome food without cutting down. It will fill you up just the same whilst giving the body what it needs. Eat porridge, eat good wholesome sourdough bread, wholewheat or otherwise. Eat sauerkraut or kimchi or other fermented vegetables, etc etc.

they won’t listen realist - my wife’s the same!! something to do with wanting to buy just the right fit dress!

I’m having Haddock, boiled potato, Broccoli Cheese & Sweetcorn.

I think that’s healthy enough.

Can we have some recipes and healthy, diet tips on here please, so other people can try them out, thank you.

and a word from Emma Thompson on dieting ladies

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/25/emma-thompson-dieting-screwed-up-my-metabolism-i-regret-ever-going-on-one-?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Guardian+Today+AU±+collection&utm_term=284274&subid=26363714&CMP=GTAU_collection

???

Mad woman!

Hi Susie , long time since i been on this thread ,are you not posting in here now ?Well once again I lost 8lbs this summer and i know its Bread that piles it on ,cause Ive ate less of it . Plus ive done a fair bit of walking .

Sea Bass with new potatoes is my favorite , snacking on Almond nuts .

Im hoping i can keep it off this time and not fall foul to Mince Pies in the season of goodwill .:lol:

I was amazed that Paula my daughter in law went on holiday last week and still managed to lose 2lb on her diet. I told her ‘It’s not allowed - nobody loses weight on holiday’ but she said ‘You do on this diet’

She joined Weight Watchers online few weeks ago and has never looked back.

She weighs herself on her own scales once a week. Of course she could cheat but no point in that. It’s also only a fraction of the cost of the local groups who meet weekly.

Her friend has joined too & she’s had similar success…

Hello Eliza,

I stopped posting on here because I was the only one posting and its no good chatting to yourselves, but since then I have noticed a few more people, so I will start again.

We have just had our dinner of:

Cheese, Onion & Mushroom Omelette with Homemade Oven Chips and Onion rings.

Hi Carol, nice to see you on here.

Thanks Susie - I do pop on occasionally.:slight_smile:

Could you tell me how you make home made oven chips please?
I use an actifry but if I’m making chips for more than two people it isn’t big enough!

Hi Carol, I have PM you.

Slice up chips, put in microwave with a small amount of butter for 6 mins.
Transfer to Oven Baking tray, spread out evenly, use spray fry oil on top of them, salt and pepper. Bake on high for 15/20 mins. or until light brown.

Thanks for that tip Susie , i shall try that .

I put my Baked Potatoes in the micro for about 10 minutes before finishing them off in the oven ,

I shall have Baked Potato and salad tonight .

Yes I always put my Jacket Potato in the microwave first then finish them off in the oven.

You said 6 seconds in the PM. I thought that couldn’t be right!:smiley:

Sorry Carol, 6 mins.

Todays its:

Homemade Chicken Curry, Rice and Onion Bhajis.

I did a mixed bag Chicken Breast, home grown tomatoes, red pepper, and courgette, with a sprinkle of mixed herbs , served with new potatoes .

followed by Jelly and Custard .

Must go for a walk now .

Roast dinner today.

Cajan Chicken, R. Potatoes, Baked Onion, Swede, Carrots and Gravy.

Not very diet friendly, but tasty.

Smoked Haddock, Jacket Potato, Broccoli Cheese, Carrots.